O/T London & The Eye

b_n_3003

Silver Member
Hi Guys,

Me and my packs and bars are off to London this weekend with the mister and the little one.
We'll be arriving late Friday so have all day Saturday and until early afternoon on Sunday.

Does anyone have any experieince of the London Eye, and whether it's better to book in advance? If we did this that would be OK, but then we're tied to a time/place.

Thanks in advance, oh and if anyone knows any kids friendly stuff to do (she's 2) then please share.

BN x

When we went on about six years ago the queue was *mahoosive* so I'd say book in advance. It's a case of being tied down to a time and place, or queue for ages.

And don't let your cousin get really drunk the night before, as his farting in the capsule tends to upset the other tourists! :eek:

also, If it is raining the inside can steam up and the condensation on the windows stops you being able to see anything other than your nose. :D

I went to London yesterday and the que for the london eye was pretty big so definately pre book. We went on the millenium clipper (catamarang boat) that you get on at by the wheel and went for a 45min boat ride up to the 02 and it was great fun. They have the walking with Dinosaurs show on up there at the moment so I don't know if your 2 year old would like that, I know mine would have but she is quite adventurous. Have a great time. xx

London Zoo is good for a two year old :)

thanks for this girls, I think i'll book!
I went to see the Walking With Dinosaurs in Manchester last Sunday and it was ace, but I'm not sure my husband or little girl would enjoy it.
I think we'll do the Zoo, the Science Museum and the boat/eye things (if we can fit it all in)

:)

sorry for more questions ... what about travel (as there are some planned works) is there one 'ticket' that will let us go on tube and bus? I know the baby is free :)

thanks in advance

thanks, it's amazing that one travel card lets you on the tube or the bus or the dlr, and they are really reasonable prices, it's over £7 to get from where I live to Manchester - single!

Back