O/T Maternity Pay

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by unreal83, 3 November 2009 Social URL.

1. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi all - its me - just a quick question I hope someone will know the answer!

If someone has been temping through an agency for a company and then they go permanent and are employed by that company direct, and then fall pregnant, will their employment start from the perm date or will it count as continuous employment from the temp date? Just want to know if i would qualify for mat pay or not x

Just wondered...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Babe,

from what i can remember it matters not if you are temp/perm as long as you have 'served' enough time at that employer.. i think 16 weeks? then you will be entitled to SMP... how long for i dont know as its been 10 years since i was pregnant (employed ) last pregnany was self employed.

x

4. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    sorry meant to say...phone helpline for benefits...they usually very helpful x

5. Hayley 22

Hayley 22 would like to be slim

Start Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    In my company i was here as a temp (12 weeks) but my official start date was when they employed me full time.
    Our company doesnt state how long have you have to be with the company before your entitled to Maternity Pay. Do you have a friendly HR person you can talk to?
    x

6. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    I thought it was from the date you joined as a permy; when working as a temp you were working for a different employer.

That's how my last company played it when it came to things like redundancy, 10 years service awards etc. etc.

Can't comment on the maternity pay side of it though, Mrs LJ had worked for her employer for about 15 years before we had our first child

7. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks everyone, I think you are right, although you only have to be employed for 1 week before you get pregnant to qualify for SMP - you have to have been employed for 26 weeks into your 25th week pregnant and then you get it, so not a big deal really.

Thanks everyone!

Lauren

8. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    Also if you dont qualify for SMP you could always go to the jobcenter or where ever it is you have to go now. I never qualified for it through my employers so had to get SMA which is the benefit one. I got £98.50 a week i think. That amount might be a bit off though as it was nearly 3 years ago. Give em a phone and see what your entitled too :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.