O/T my hubby got a job

Bellybee

Silver Member
I am so happy and proud of him.
We will have about £800 a month more coming in now. Because we are used to living on my wages we are going to save half of our money every month to try and help us get some savings.

well done to your hubby hun x

Well done him, very difficult in the current climate

xx

Well done to your hubby, I'm so pleased for you both, wishing you both good luck for the future. X

That's brilliant! I think when you've been without money you really appreciate it once you get some again. I hope your savings mount and you get a nice security buffer.

Congratulations to you both! We've been in the same situation, so know what a struggle it is.

But do think about the lessons you've learnt about 'economising' in the last 4 months, and continue to put them to good use. It's so easy to think "we've 'gone without' for so long we'll just splash out a bit now, and cut back 'next week'.

Start as you mean to go on, from the very first week he's back at work. That way, you'll manage to save as you hope. Very best of luck to you both, and may your savings grow and grow!

Congratulations! What a relief! My OH can't get one, no one says it ,but he's 60 and he's considered too old .

Congratulations. You both must be so happy!
My hubby can't get anything worthwhile either after many, many years experience and an excellent CV.
No one will admit it, but it is the age thing.
It's been 5 months since he was laid off and at least he is working 3 mornings a week, now but a full time job would be brilliant!

Back