O/T - My pet died and I'm really sad

Lady Mhoram

As some of you may know from my post on the 'lets introduce ourselves' thread I have (or had) a pet lobster. He died today and I'm really sad, because I feel so guilty. I am not sure what killed him, but I know it's my fault for taking him out of his tank to treat a sore on his tail. It must have been copper posioning or detergent from somewhere.

I know it's stupid to be so fond of a crustation, but he was so cute and used to come out to see me in the mornings before I went to work. He was a real talking point and all my friends loved him.

Feel depressed now and want Fondant Fancies even though I know they wont bring Sebastian back or make me feel an iota better...

Poo! :sigh: :'(

Aw you poor thing!! It's not daft being fond of a crustacean, you daft egg. A pet is a pet...I'll grant you it's an unusual one, but he still meant something to you nonetheless.

How do you know it's your fault hun? If you were treating a sore, you were trying to do something good for him. Was he old?

Hi Jenny,

I am very sorry your pet lobster Sebastian died, he was a very special pet and much loved...of course you will miss him.

Please don't blame yourself, you were only trying to help, its not your fault.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Awwww Jenny come here and have a hug. Its perfectly acceptable to be upset by his death...but you must not blame yourself. x

Aw you poor thing!! It's not daft being fond of a crustacean, you daft egg. A pet is a pet...I'll grant you it's an unusual one, but he still meant something to you nonetheless.

How do you know it's your fault hun? If you were treating a sore, you were trying to do something good for him. Was he old?

I had him for 18 months, but he seemed to be thriving and was still quite small.

I was trying to treat his sore with salt, but something else clearly got in the water some how - from my hands, somehow got into the bottom of the bucket - I don't know really. I should have just left him to fight the infection.

I really liked having an unusual pet. I think lobsters (and most other odd animals) are really cute, so was really pleased to find him in a pet shop. I think when I feel better and less guilty I will have to get another one. Not sure what else to name a lobster but Sebastian!

Thank you for making me feel better

Hi Jenny,

I am very sorry your pet lobster Sebastian died, he was a very special pet and much loved...of course you will miss him.

Please don't blame yourself, you were only trying to help, its not your fault.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Aww thanks Mini. It makes me feel better that you nice people understand. I was feeling a bit stupid for missing a lobster, lol.

Next time I think I'll let their immune systems deal with it and stay out of the way.

Thank you (hug)

Awwww Jenny come here and have a hug. Its perfectly acceptable to be upset by his death...but you must not blame yourself. x

Thanks for the hug. It made me feel better. What a lovley group of people are on this forum. Thank you for making me feel better

Sebastian is a wonderful name for a lobster...

I am sure Sebastian no 1 won't mind you calling the next pet lobster after him in his honour.

His memory will live on in Sebastian no 2.

Love Mini xxx

Awww really sorry to hear that :(

I cried the other day at one of my fish died, also i added some new plants to my fish tank and my 2 shrimp died! must have been some copper on the plants... i was gutted.

Keep your chin up xxxxxxxxx

Aw I'm sorry, any pet dying is always hard :( Step away from the cake and go swimming in his memory.

LOL :D Maybe I should take a tasy snack of bloodworms. It's what he'd have liked, and they have to be low in syns right? All that protien would probably make them free on a red day.

BTW - I am joking. Just in case... ;)

Awww really sorry to hear that :(

I cried the other day at one of my fish died, also i added some new plants to my fish tank and my 2 shrimp died! must have been some copper on the plants... i was gutted.

Keep your chin up xxxxxxxxx

Aww, thanks hun. Glad I am not the only one to get upset over the loss of aquatic life. What kind of fish do you have? We had a tropical fish tank a while back, but a fugal infection got in and killed the whole lot :( I love shrimps, but can't keep any with crayfish or they eat them - and anything else they can get their claws on. :)

Hope the copper has all gone now, and the rest of the fish are OK

Losing a pet is hard so I am sorry for your loss. Hugs xxx

:eek: No eating the lobster Phil!!!!

Missing your lobster isn't strange, I miss my snakes :( They didn't die but we had to get rid of them before our baby came along :( It's ok, they're with a breeder all getting laid! Lol. I think swimming is a great tribute :) Step away from the cake.... *hugs* x

Aww, thanks hun. Glad I am not the only one to get upset over the loss of aquatic life. What kind of fish do you have? We had a tropical fish tank a while back, but a fugal infection got in and killed the whole lot :( I love shrimps, but can't keep any with crayfish or they eat them - and anything else they can get their claws on. :)

I have endlers, Pygmys hobrosus, otto and did have rainbow shrimp. Then I have a male Betta in a tank all to himself, called Lotus:cool:

I have been researching how to care for tropical fish properly, fishless cycling and all that, I really enjoy keeping them :)

I thought i had a bacterial infection but seems ok now thank god.

xxx

Back