O/T OMG my teeth

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Principessa N, 7 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    I may cry, i haven't had a dentist for almost 8 years, none of the ones round me are NHS and i can't afford private. So i put up with the odd tooth ache. But my wisdom tooth is coming through at an angle, cutting my inside cheek up and my my jaw and head hurt.

:cry:and i've fallen of the wagon, i need sympathy and a kick up the bum

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had my wisdom teeth out about 9 years ago and one of them had become infected so I feel your pain. I would try and get an emergency appointment at a NHS dentist. They will see you even if you are not part of a practice.

Clove oil is good for tooth pain but tastes awful.

Hope you feel better soon xx

4. Principessa N

Diet:
    Anything
    Thanks Hun, i've found a dentist that accepts emergency non patients, but they closed this afternoon, so i'll call on monday. Think i'll stick for cheesey mash this weekend.

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i've had the same problem for over a week. the inside of my cheek was all swollen - even thought it was an absess at one point. thankfully yesterday and 2day the inflamation as calmed down and the massive swelling has shrunk to a little flap of gum!

take ibuprofen - it helps with the pain and the inflammation :)

6. Principessa N

Diet:
    Anything
    Ouch hope mine don't go that way, might have to buy a little bottle of wine to cheer myself up, taken paracetomol already which did nothing so i'll take some later.

7. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i don't take paracetamol for anything - it doesn't work for me. ibuprofen is the one! hope it works for you :D

8. Msblue

Msblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hope this isn't out of date:
    HAMPSHIRE DENTAL HELPLINE on 0845 0508 345
    Says they have out of hours(til 9.30 tonight), maybe ring them for advice?

9. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    If the pain is really bad go to Tesco pharmacy (or any other which is still open) and get co-codamol, this is codeine is paracetamol, it works but will make you very sleepy xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.