O/T Pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlotte_k

Gold Member
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im in so much pain!!!!!! I went to the dentist and they said that I had an infection and my tooth needed to come out. He said that he couldn't do it and I needed to go to the hospital and an oral surgeon needed to take it out. He said that I wouldn't need to do anything and that they would sort it out and I would get a letter from the hospital. They didn't give me any antibiotics and I haven't had a letter yet!!!!

THAT WAS A MONTH AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Going to ring them tomorrow and see what they say. If they can't do anything then I will go to the emergency dentist and see if they can give me some antibiotics. No wonder I felt sick all day yesterday:jelous:. I also had a earache this morning and now my throat is starting to hurt. I feel like im falling apart!!!!!

Sorry for the rant x x

oh you poor thing! You should have had antibiotics straight away.
I hope you get it sorted soon! Toothache is dreadful.
Lots of hugs!

Oh hunnie I know how you're feeling. I had 2 teeth extracted a while back and it took me ages to convince my dentist I was in agony afterwards. I eventually got an emergency appointment with him and I had dry-socket... an extremely painful condition where the extraction isn't healing. I had to go and see him every day for a week to have a medicated dressing applied and was on strong antibiotics. Sometimes you have to give them a kick up the backside and make them do something to help you.

In the meantime, try Panadol. They are fantastic when you're dieting cause they are easy on the stomach. You can also alternate between paracetamol and ibuprofen based products if the pain is really bad- just check your doses carefully. Try a nice warm shake (not too hot) to easy the pain a bit too.

Hope you feel a lot better soon sweetie!

Thanks Alex and Lisa!! I hope this gets sorted soon!! x x

Poor dear Charlotte, its enough to follow a strict diet without all this pain and discomfort.
My 81 year old mum is forever chasing up GPs and hospitals, she's a retired nurse but nonetheless puts her confidence in the people treating either her or my dad until it goes wrong and then she springs into action. Like you, I would have patiently waited for a letter, but glad that you are pursuing tommorow.
Sending you best wishes too x

I've checked in too for a progress report. Hopefully charlotte you have positively sorted something out x

Sorry been at work all day, only got in 20 minutes ago!! And I leave at 7.30 in the morning!!

I rang the dentist this morning and they said that I could go and see them today and have my tooth out!! So I ate some chicken and cucumber with a little 0% fat yogurt before I went.(I think I read somewhere that you have to go up to 1000 or 1200 if you have a tooth out? Could someone let me know please x x) They flushed the infection out and finally took my tooth out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though it hurts, I feel much better now its gone!! I look like the elephant man!! lol x x

Good to hear that your dentist has been able to help.
I remember reading about having more to eat with tooth extraction but don't know the details.
Lets hope that this resolves your pain x

Thanks Blingbabe!! I really hope I will feel better now!! No wonder I was feeling ill all the time, my infection was really bad x x

Glad you got it sorted, hope you feel better soon x

Back