Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

O/T Rant about work (sorry)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sticky, 8 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Today was my last day at work until the 20th. Without knowing, I chose the worst week possible to go on leave - as I've been hammered this week; docs for technical QA, advice and comments as well as producing my own documents to accompany them.

Anyway, in our team we have a 'resource manager' who is MEANT to do just that ensure the right resource is given to the right areas. To me it's total BS as we don't NEED this doing; we all have our own portfolio to manage and get on with it. All he seems to do is sign the freakin' timesheets and approve leave.

I set aside the last three days to complete my workload, so I could leave today feeling chirpy and relaxed. It started badly on Monday when the document due to me was put back until Friday (hello, I am not in grrr) so using my nogging I helped them complete the bits I needed to do my cascading document so I could issue it for my own QA to plant (I work in the nuclear industry) while I am off. It meant more work, but it meant it got done.

Anyway, today I came in ready to close it all out and QA 2 docs I had received when our 'resource manager' - from here known as tw*t came down when I arrived at 7am to ask if I had any work for our intern. I said yes and gave her (and him) an overview of what to do - the world's most simple of simple tasks but one that's time consuming (so I thought it'd keep her busy all day).

She pestered me all freakin' day - and when I asked tw*t to guide her (as he knew the task too) he said he was too busy. When I go into his office he's on the internet looking at stuff.

To top it off, 2 more docs came in for QA with a deadline for Monday...so now...12.5 hours after I started work, I am still reading and commenting by email from home. I have 3 more to go (they're long docs) and probs won't be done until late. Tomorrow was meant to be my packing day and I might have to make work calls.

I am SO angry! I have complained about tw*t so many times - as have the rest - but he still gets away with it.

Popped on here for a much needed sanity break :)

Sorry to rant - I'm just p*ssed off. And to make it worse, my lunch was a Ginsters (syn tastic) sarny cause I worked at desk :-(

Thank goodness I leave the country soon!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sallyannie

Sallyannie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oh thats not good. I hate idiots at work like that its so unfair!

4. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks hun. I'm done now - finally. And my amazing OH has done the housework. So just gotta do the ironing and packing - phew!

xxx

5. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't really know what to say, so here is a hug :hug99:

6. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hugs are always the best answer Natt x :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.