1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - Scotia Homes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by victorial85, 19 October 2009 Social URL.

1. victorial85

victorial85 A moaning old boot!!!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    Me and my OH are looking to buy a house at the moment and we have found a new build house that we LOVE.

It is a Scotia Homes house and I was wondering if anybody on here has had any dealings with them, lives in a scotia home etc. and could let me know what you think of them.

Thanks in advance x x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I've never lived in a new build (my house is a 200 year old barn lol) - so personally I am no use.

But I am sure that you'll be able to google reviews and be able to get a flavour from them online.

Not to put you off, but my Uncle and Aunt bought a new build and they had problems early on. They hadn't sunk the waste pipes proprely and within a few weeks there was poop and pee all over their garden where one had burst. And one of their walls cracked a lot as the house settled. It was all sorted and they were compensated :)

It wasn't Scotia though so don't want to give them bad press. But it's worth bearing in mind new builds take time to 'settle' and you may get a few innocent cracks etc.

But defo google and check reviews out - a house is a huge investment and one you want to get right.

And, don't worry too much about new built teething issues toooo much cause like I said , mine is over 200years old and and old comes with issues too...see it as house potty training or house artritis ;)

Have fun!!! xxx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.