O/T Totally OTT leaving gift

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
Right so I'm leaving my job on 6th Sept (I work for a security firm in the control room so basically spend all day speaking to security guards that are 200 miles away that I have never met).

I've become friends with a couple, well as much as friends as you can over the phone!! I know most of them have contributed towards buying me a leaving gift (how sweet!).

I got a parcel delivered at work today. It's from one guard in particular. He always jokes and says I am his best friend because I sort out his shifts and stuff. He said he wanted to buy me a leaving present to say thanks.

The parcel was fairly big. I opened it and my jaw hit the floor...

...he's only bought me A MOBILE PHONE!!!

I mean it's so over the top and I was so embarrassed when I opened it! I told him I couldn't accept it but he has insisted. He reckons I am worth it, that I deserve better and that I am 'the best' (English isn't his first language-he's from Africa)!

I'm really touched but it must of cost about £60! I guess I am flumoxxed as to how I have made such an impression on someone over the phone! x

P'raps it was a free upgrade he got and thought he'd give it to you :D

( i jest)

Thats very sweet though, you think he's after something ;) lol

Wonder what else you'll get off folk!

Lucky you x

Its a very touching gift. Not sure what others will think, but I would have graciously received.

I can remember buying a couple of expensive bouquets for a ward sister and her deputy when I left a job (both were surprised but pleased), however, they had offered me plenty of additional shifts (I was in my early 20's and saving for trip to Australia) so I really thought that they were worth a memorable gift. Perhaps this guy feels that you have offered him support at a difficult time, even if you aren't aware of it.

That is so lovely !!!!
You can make good friends with people you have never met, I am good friends with a costsdraughtman I talk to on the phone (I manage his firm) and I sent him a gift for his wedding altho we have never met, some people you just 'click' with !

oh my goodness hun! That is so touching! i would have blubbed like a baby! lol
xx

Yeah African men do generally treat women well. He's defo after you ;-)
I fell for a Nigerian man and then married him (i say did - past tense) and look at my profile piccie, yip child followed!! haha - watch out :-D

ive dated several african men, all i got was a cheese burger, lol ( cant even get the one on the sofa to do the diy today, had to do it myself humph )

really sweet of him to get you the phone, has he programmed his number into it?

I very nearly did blub like a baby!!!

I don't think he is after me in that sense as he knows I have a partner and he knows my partner.

He didn't put his number in it as it's an unlocked one so it doesn't have a sim card in it yet x

Back