o/t wedding outfit

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
Does anyone know of any good places to get something nice to wear for my cousins wedding?? I have totally no idea what i'm looking for yet, i just cant think. I'm hoping to be a size 16 by then (31st July). I want something nice and summery but don't really want to show off my bingo wings or chunky legs lol, doesn't leave much options.

Any ideas welcome!!
Thanks
Nic x

I love Monsoon-but I know its not everyones cup of tea and is not particularly cheap but for a wedding outfit I think it is great! Happy shopping!!

Yep totally agree with the post above Monsoon have some gorgeous outfits - i bought a dress the other day and then went a found a wrap to cover the top of my arms - although monsoon do have some lovely little jactets etc..

Good luck! Happy shopping xx

I love Monsoon-but I know its not everyones cup of tea and is not particularly cheap but for a wedding outfit I think it is great! Happy shopping!!

I normally love monsoon and get my little girl stuff from there too sometimes (will prob get her a wee dress from there for the wedding), but i just don't see anything i like this time :( x

What's your budget Betty?

Debenhams 'debut' range is great. Good sizing, pretty frocks and a nice range of accessories.

Most of the high street chains go up to 16s, some 18s...but sizes can be funny, so you'll need to try on.

M&S Autograph range have some stunning pieces in at the moment. Loving their dresses for summer. You can look really stylish at a good price.

New Look do a great range too and they're great value.

Basically I think the key is try on, try on, try on! Doesn't matter about the size on the label, it's how it fits and suits you, flatters you and whether you're comfortable in it.

Prob about £100, but depending on shoes and accessories not sure, def won't go over £150. It is going to be a costly event, my oh needs a new suit and dd needs a dress and shoes. Ds is page boy so his suit will be paid for by the bride and groom.

Cool...

Maxi dresses are still very in this summer, so that would solve your leg problem!!! ;)

Hello,
They're quite pricey but Coast do beautiful clothes, and their assistants tend to be really nice too. They do lots of beautiful shrugs, often with beading. One of those would be really lovely glam way to cover the tops of your arms if you wanted to, and you could wear it with all sorts afterwards.
Warehouse often do lovely occasion dresses, and also really flattering and gorgeous jersey dresses that you can style up or down. Normally forty or forty-five pounds ish.
Not sure how old you are or what your style is, but my mum has lots of luxurious clothes from a shop called Nitya, she loves them for any kind of event. They cut trousers, camisoles and dresses beautifully in really gorgeous colours and fabrics. Lots of tunics and scarfs. They have an almost ethnic style. Imagine what Judy Dench wears - like that! I think they stock from an 8 to a 22, something like that. Might be tricky to find a store, though!
For a summer wedding, I'd also say wedges or flats - heels sink in the grass! And a cardigan or big scarf to wrap round you if it gets chilly in the church. :D
Enjoy yourself - I love shopping for special outfits!

here's the Nitya website, if you want to find a store or have a look at what they do:
- nitya -

I'm not trying to be an advert - I just know that my Mum, who's a 16/18, thinks they saved her life for occasion wear! She's definately not a 'sparkly dress' kind of a woman :p

I think nitya have a store in the outlet at York. I've always said I'd get something when I got to goal. Roman Originals are good for very pretty floaty dresses.

I'm with Hellie re: a maxi dress, I think they look fab. I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and quite a few women had them on. Ideal with wedges and you could finish off with a wrap.

With regards to where to look I think Coast does some fab wedding wear as do Monsoon, Debenhams and Warehouse. They can be on the more expensive side though. I got my dress for the wedding from Matalan, they have some lovely stuff at the moment.

River Island stock some fab bags which aren't too badly priced ~ I love their bags! xx

And accessories....! The right accessories can totally transform a good-priced dress from somewhere like Matalan (I heart Matalan big time!) into a really glam outfit.

Look at this gorgeous frock
Embellished halter neck maxi dress

The halter neck is so flattering on almost any bust. The empire line is ultra flattering for bigger tums and the shape of the fabric drape will skim over the hips.

Let me hunt for some accessories online.

That dress might be totally not your cup of tea, but anyway! LOL!

Just call me Gok! LOL!

Im a monsoon and have found a lush maxi dress! as Iv a wedding in sept but a party in aug :)

Go look - stunning stuff! x

Hello,
They're quite pricey but Coast do beautiful clothes, and their assistants tend to be really nice too. They do lots of beautiful shrugs, often with beading. One of those would be really lovely glam way to cover the tops of your arms if you wanted to, and you could wear it with all sorts afterwards.
Warehouse often do lovely occasion dresses, and also really flattering and gorgeous jersey dresses that you can style up or down. Normally forty or forty-five pounds ish.
Not sure how old you are or what your style is, but my mum has lots of luxurious clothes from a shop called Nitya, she loves them for any kind of event. They cut trousers, camisoles and dresses beautifully in really gorgeous colours and fabrics. Lots of tunics and scarfs. They have an almost ethnic style. Imagine what Judy Dench wears - like that! I think they stock from an 8 to a 22, something like that. Might be tricky to find a store, though!
For a summer wedding, I'd also say wedges or flats - heels sink in the grass! And a cardigan or big scarf to wrap round you if it gets chilly in the church. :D
Enjoy yourself - I love shopping for special outfits!

Hi Button, i'm 27 but when i think about it my forum name prob makes me sound older.

Thanks everyone for your great advice, i am just about to go and check out all the websites you have all suggested and i will keep you posted on what i decide xxx

I thought something like this maybe, what do you think?
012qb50330b.jpg

Yes coast and monsoon are both great, as is Debenhams and BHS.

Hope you find something suitable ;)

I thought something like this maybe, what do you think?
012qb50330b.jpg

that is perfect! What shop is that?

Just another thing about Debenhams - I got a Debut dress at Debenhams when I was a size 16 but I actually fitted into a 14 (which I was chuffed about) as the cut of the dress was very flattering.

I'm sure it depends what type of cut you go for though- the dress I got was an Empire line style with the waist line just under the bust.

Back