(O/T) Weddings

I will succeed!!!
Random question, but as a wedding guest, what would you enjoy most about a wedding?

Food?
Venue?
Entertainment?

Etc etc.

Just curious :) xxx

For me it is the speeches! I love watching how they cope under the pressure and if it is a funny speech or more emotional and sentimental.

I get married next May and I am already intrigued with what will be said!!

Its the whole atmosphere! and the dresses!
the decorations,the venue,the speeches!
the food and everything else is cool too! i love weddings.im a secret romantic i think.

I just love the whole day, I love the ceremony even though I am always emotional and I blub all the time - you should have seen me at my DD's wedding I howled all the way through the service......but in a nice way of course, it was so gorgeous.

Thanks!

OH and I are toying with our budget and seeing what we want to prioritise. Right now we're looking at the caterers as we both agree a nice meal will make the day for everyone. OH wants a hog roast which is great, but not sure I want a whole dead pig at the reception! Lol.

xxx

Clearly we mean AFTER the wedding - that's the main part of the day lol! We're thinking for the reception :) x

FOOD FOOD FOOD!

ha only joking, if im honest ima proper wedding critic, and i pay most attention to Venue and dress LOL.

I love weddings oooo! my perfect wedding would be in the maldives with just close family and friends.. *i bloody wish! not unless i win the euro lottery! haha*

FOOD FOOD FOOD!

ha only joking, if im honest ima proper wedding critic, and i pay most attention to Venue and dress LOL.

I love weddings oooo! my perfect wedding would be in the maldives with just close family and friends.. *i bloody wish! not unless i win the euro lottery! haha*

Don't say the V (venue) word to me atm! I'm having a small trauma trying to narrow the list with the OH. We like lots but all for their own reasons. The only one that ticks all the boxes also requires a jammy win on the lottery...so not wanting to put my hopes on THAT it's back to the drawing board lol xxxx

P.S Not dress shopping until I lose more weight so I better get cracking!!!

Haha, oo wrong answer from me then, shall i stick to my original answer of food?

imo, a roast is the best and most safest option, fills everyone up and cant really go wrong, and can still optimise! Joes sister had a fancy roast at hers and not one person complained! x

Venue and dress for me definately! can't say I'm that fussed about the food so long as I get some! prefer food that is well cooked instead of being posh and ending up being something its not!
Little touches can be nice too...my hubbys brother is getting married on halloween so we are dressing up for the evening do...think we will all have a laugh! and a friend hired a caricature artist to draw people's caricatures while the photos were being taken - we've still got ours up on the wall - that was a great idea....
But ultimately its your day - don't be swayed by what you think other people will like or dislike....do what you want to do and enjoy it - if you are having fun - your guests will too.....

When do you get married Sticky?

There are several sore wedding subjects in our house at the moment!! My OH came home once to our living room covered in sheets of paper with huge pros and cons lists of all sorts of things!! I think he thought I had been watching too much 60second makeover!!

At the moment menu choices and guest list are forbidden discussions...

Sticky i just want to join in and say how exciting for you.

We are getting married in Rhodes next year but are planning a small and intimate ceremony with just us and the little ones. Too many petty arguments in both sides of our families and don't want to spoil the day.

I work in a 4* deluxe hotel (as a duty and front office manager) that is very popular as a wedding venue. Every Bride and Groom desire something completly different - and usually differ to each others idyll!

Most people try to impress their guests way too much and spend far more than they should of (in my opinion), usually on food! Not everyone likes fancy, or spicy etc etc.

We were contemplating a Hog Roast for a garden party when we return from our wedding (if we decide to have a party at all).

Concentrate on what you and your dp want out of the day. It's usually the dress, the happiness, the speeches, photographs and alcohol most people are interested in! As long as there is a bar and some sort of food available your guests will have the perfect day!

The only time i've not liked a wedding reception was when my Auntie invited us to hers. 5 hour drive from where we live, paying for our own meal and pre-ordered the week before. Got to the reception and half the meals they had 'sold the previous night as was busy', bride and groom got their meal 30 mins before next couple and our table was last 2 hours later.

I complained they threatened to call the police (yeah right)and they ended up giving everyone their meal half price..3 people didn't even get a meal and stopped at Burger KKing on the way home!

Venue and dress for me definately!

Little touches can be nice too...my hubbys brother is getting married on halloween so we are dressing up for the evening do...think we will all have a laugh! and a friend hired a caricature artist to draw people's caricatures while the photos were being taken - we've still got ours up on the wall - that was a great idea....
But ultimately its your day - don't be swayed by what you think other people will like or dislike....do what you want to do and enjoy it - if you are having fun - your guests will too.....

See, i LOVE dress and venue, .. so agree with you there..

but have to say, personally i'd never want to dress up in a theme for anyones wedding, let alone my own.. and a caricature artist, although are great and lots of fun seems to me.. imo so innapropriate for a wedding. Maybe i'v just got set views about how weddings should be, im all for everyone having fun, enjoying the day and being relaxed, but at the end of the day.. i concider weddings to be a very formal occasion, where everyone makes the most of dressing up, and should be polite and friendly and as it will be at my wedding - all about me :D LOL!!

Mind you everyone will have different oppinions when it comes to this!

when my day comes, i want a dress so big everyone has to move out of the way in fear of being crushed :D .. my ring should enter the room before i do.. and everyone should be polite enough to not mutter a word about anything else than how damn gorgeous i am all day long.

Oh yes :D LOL

- Reading my previous post is it any wonder my OH wonders if theres any point in heading for marrige when want will only be imaginable let alone possible only if we were to win, by luck.. some amazing lump sum of money on the lottory? of course actually playing the lottory would be a start LOL!

Thanks for the input everyone!

We weren't looking to book anything atm, but things might have changed course and we might be able to book soon! Yay! Looking for April 2011 atm which gives us enough time to plan and manage the costs without crippling selves.

Food wise we're going for a local caterer who has a really good reputation. She uses local produce and gets it the morning of the wedding which will be great as it'll be fresh :)

The one thing we're definately doing is canepes and cocktails between the ceremony ending and the meal - we've been to loads of weddings where the gap is huge and you're starving by the time the dinner is served. Not having fancy canepes - just mini versions of our fave meals.

We'll be having a nice beef dinner with some starter and pudding, but later on we'll be having a caleighd (spelling?) and hog roast and cheese platter.

Just have to finalise the venue we want now - which is harder than you think! Gah!

But it's all good - so excited!!! xoxox

ooo im so excited for you :) .. make sure everything is final and descions have been made long before the date, because that last few weeks running up can be a nightmare and thats when things start to go wrong! no need to be more stressed than you should be! - oh and if you use classical music at all, make sure u look into it and listen to the whole thing as it can take dramatic turns and you dont want that as your walking down the isle, seen that before.. :eek: LOL X

ooo im so excited for you :) .. make sure everything is final and descions have been made long before the date, because that last few weeks running up can be a nightmare and thats when things start to go wrong! no need to be more stressed than you should be! - oh and if you use classical music at all, make sure u look into it and listen to the whole thing as it can take dramatic turns and you dont want that as your walking down the isle, seen that before.. :eek: LOL X

LOL! Yeah I can imagine sudden canon booms spoiling the moment! :D

xxx

Oooh I love weddings! My sister had a hog roast, I'm veggie but was told it was fab! Great choice there!!!

I've been with my BF for nearly 6yrs, and we have a little boy, but still no ring! I'm losing hope.... lol xx

Oooh I love weddings! My sister had a hog roast, I'm veggie but was told it was fab! Great choice there!!!

I've been with my BF for nearly 6yrs, and we have a little boy, but still no ring! I'm losing hope.... lol xx

Oooh hog roast and cheese platter, my idea of heaven!!!! mmmmmmmmmm

Back