O/T WHAT ARE YOU READING!!

Today I finished reading 'Chart Throb' by Ben Elton which is about an X-Factor style TV show which shows that reality TV is not all it appears to be!

I have now started reading 'The Probable Future' by Alice Hoffman.

I used to get 6 books every 3 weeks from the library, but haven't had any for ages! I love Kathy reich, historical novels and cook books (of course!) Harry Potter! Anything about Egypt!
At the moment I'm dipping into Alan Bennetts diaries, and Writing Home. Dry, witty, and he evokes memories of Leeds which was where I was brought up. Alec Guinesses autobiographies are very funny,Altho he comes out of it very well and apparently he was a sh*t!
And Poetry Please which is a collection of the 100 most popular poems from the bbc programme. My particular favourite being Warning by Jenny Joseph, which I shall have read at my funeral!

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/warning/

I discovered the Shopaholic books a few months ago and got through them all in about 3 weeks. BRILLIANT! I also have 'Remember Me' but haven't got round to reading it yet. I do Bookcrossing and am trying to work my way through my pile of Bookcrossing books so I can get rid of them again.

It is where you leave books around out and about for people to find. You register each book and give it a unique reference. Then when someone finds it they log on and say where they found it and what they thought of it and then they leave it somewhere for someone else.

Every few months I meet up with some Bookcrossers at a local forest and we leave books there and have a nice walk/social get together. The next one is a week tomorrow so I'm trying to get through as many Bookcrossing books as I can so that I can take them.

BookCrossing - The World's Biggest Free Book Club - Catch and Release Used Books

Back