Reading!

My Oh bought me this an anniversary present - before it won the Booker, but I haven't red it yet. Is it good?
I think it's great, if a little heavy going. But I LOVED the TV series of the Tudors and can't help putting all the hunky faces to names.
If you liked the David Starkey book, you'll like this
x

When I retired I had a look at all the things I was spending money on, and decided what to stop buying. Luckily, in Reading we have a really excellent library service, so I was able to stop buying books. I can search, reserve, and renew on line. My nearest library is small, but has an excellent selection of books, and I also use the central library which is just brilliant.

As I read at least two novels a week, and sometimes more, I must have saved myself a fortune!! :D

Im addicted to bargain hunting so go all over glasgow searching charity shops for things to read. Got The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks for 10p last week and am currently reading Brick Lane by Monica Ali which cost 75p.Also found a Jasper Fford book in poundland and was chuffed cause i've been meaning to read his books for a while now so will have to search for the whole collection.

iv been concidering reading dear fatty for a while, but not usually impressed with autobiographys, is it really worth the read?

I really enjoyed it, it is written as a series of letters - some random to people like David Cassidy and some deep ones to her father and some written as jokes. It gives a good insight into her life without being boring.
A great way of writing!

OMG, are you me? lol

I read Dawn on the loo as well lmao

:D:D:D It's a great place for a book but has to be easy reading. Mind you, I pick it up and don't come out for ten mins!!
Alan Titchmarsh is in there now but I don't have much of him left so need another autobiog soon!

NOT BIG ON CHICK LIT HON BUT I CAN MAKE SA FEW SUGGESTIONS

Mitch albom- 5 people you meet in heaven is amazing and changed my point of view on life

mifddlesex- booker prize short list about a hermaphrodite and her ancestors very very intersting

The book of lost things - very gory but my favourite book in the world i
Breakfast at tiffanys and other assorted stories a truly truly wonderful book i carried it around for most iof my teens.

my best suggestion is go to a top one hundred books list and start from there there cheap enough off ebay too.

Lol I was a Bookseller and Manager for over 10 years and i can tell you most of my wages were reinvested in the company, we also got a lot of advanced reading copies and I still want to kick myself for leaving an early Harry Potter proof in the staffroom, how much would that be worth now >.<

Unfortunately I haven't been in a reading mood for ages, sometimes I can just devour books and then I just can't settle down to read more then a page or two. Some great older books I can recommend are The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver and The Secret History by Donna Tartt.

Back