O/T - When are you starting your Xmas Shopping?

have finished mine for the kids but i know what like oh is he will still buy them more and more sigh and they dont need it :)

Already started,which is not like me.I usually leave it till the last minute, then have to stay up late wrapping the kids stuff from santa. This year I think everyone else we buy for will be getting a gift voucher , hubbie is very much "that'll do", whereas I think about the person ,whether they will like it.This way it'll save time and an arguement!!

I am usually a last minute shopper - but I have started earlier this year as I have a 16 month old grandson now and I have started to get a few bits for him already, I shall probably still be behind by Christmas Eve though, LOL....

I've been good for once and started. Money is very tight this year, so some people we're agreed not to buy for and vice versa, doing a secret santa at work instead of buying for everyone and have set a £5 limit for brothers and sisters. Me and OH are only spending £20 on each other as we want to save and have a fab holiday next year.

I've been selling things on ebay and so far the money I have made has bought my christmas presents. Only a couple to go now. I'm so glad i wont be rushing in Dec!

x

I will give the grandsons money, my son isn't very helpful when I email and ask what they like! I get them a token present each, but as they live in the Outer Hebrides there aren't any shops, and when they stay with my D-I-L's parents near Manchester they can get what they want. Their parents I usually get something in the Kitchen line, good knives etc. My other son & D-I-L , I can't get anything that takes up room as they have a tiny flat. So a trip to Lush for her, and an exercise Wii game for him! OH never wants anything (he's a Scot so likes whisky at New Year! Single malt) but I go on ebay and get him a surprise to do with Celtic. I get what I want and give it to him to wrap! Not romantic but it saves alot of angst!
I already have the main course for Xmas dinner in the freezer! I got it the other week from Aldi! I love their stuffed turkey breasts! No waste!

Back