o/t - where to go shopping?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bunnyg, 22 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Hey everyone, well I my holiday is a week Tuesday and I am going to go shopping tomorrow to get my last bits of clothes, etc for my holiday. Thing is, I don't know where to go - I need somewhere where I am going to be able to buy clothes that fit! Somewhere that is good for plus sized stuff - even if it's just that the Evans or New look is a big one, or it has a department store that stocks bigger sizes! Any advice will be good! x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tracy2421

tracy2421 Full Member

hi i got some nice things from george at asda, go up to size 24 i think
  4. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

what size you after hun? hope you dont mind me asking.
  5. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

After a size 24 I think, will have to be trying things as I know some next 22 fit me.

I want to go somewhere with lots of shops - you know like Milton Keynes or something (but not as far!)
  6. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Next now do a range in their directory - up to a size 28. New look, Asda, Tesco, Marks and Spencers, Dorothy Perkins, Evans - also Simply Be catalogue have some lovely things!

All I'll say is really don't but alot!! You will be going through sizes SOOOOOO quickly - I never believed anyone it would happen BUT IT DOES!!!

Have fun shopping hun!!

Kj xxx
  7. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Forgot Debenhams and Wallis!!
  8. Bev1963

Bev1963 Likes to Post

Matalan are normally quite good for holiday clothes.
  9. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

thanks for these - I am really only buying enough for my holiday as I don't have enough holiday clothes.

I could do with knowing what towns are best - the ones that have the best Debenhams, bhs, next, evans, etc, etc x
  10. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    Where abouts are you?
    I was in Norwich last week and was pretty uninspired by their High Street shops, but found the huge Asda on the outskirts had some lovely (and cheap!) clothes. Likewise, there's a large Tesco Extra near my mum's and I got some really nice stuff from there. Short sleeved tops for £6, 3/4 length trousers, that kind of thing, and it is really nice stuff.
    I bought literally all of my new clothes from Tesco or Asda with the exception of a couple of things from New Look.
  11. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

I am in Hereford and our high street is just so poor - the big names don't staff half the stuff they have, so always have to go to big shopping malls. I really wanna go somewhere like meadow hall or trafford centre, but they are some distance and just don't know if it's worth it going that far. I think I will have a look at the different malls online to see which shops they have as I just want a big variety so that hopefully one of the shops will have some clothes for me!!
  12. NewLife4Me

NewLife4Me Full Member

BEST OF LUCK SHOPPING!!! Hope you find lots! I went this week and nearly cried....no summer clothes to be found, oohh except for the end of the sales railing....everything was autumn & winter clothes, I was soooo mad!
  13. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

ooh, I will probably be having the same experience then. Oh well, if all else fails I will just buy accessories and get everything else online! x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.