o/t - where to go shopping?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bunnyg, 22 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Hey everyone, well I my holiday is a week Tuesday and I am going to go shopping tomorrow to get my last bits of clothes, etc for my holiday. Thing is, I don't know where to go - I need somewhere where I am going to be able to buy clothes that fit! Somewhere that is good for plus sized stuff - even if it's just that the Evans or New look is a big one, or it has a department store that stocks bigger sizes! Any advice will be good! x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tracy2421

tracy2421 Full Member

hi i got some nice things from george at asda, go up to size 24 i think

4. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    what size you after hun? hope you dont mind me asking.

5. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

After a size 24 I think, will have to be trying things as I know some next 22 fit me.

I want to go somewhere with lots of shops - you know like Milton Keynes or something (but not as far!)

6. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Next now do a range in their directory - up to a size 28. New look, Asda, Tesco, Marks and Spencers, Dorothy Perkins, Evans - also Simply Be catalogue have some lovely things!

All I'll say is really don't but alot!! You will be going through sizes SOOOOOO quickly - I never believed anyone it would happen BUT IT DOES!!!

Have fun shopping hun!!

Kj xxx

7. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Forgot Debenhams and Wallis!!

8. Bev1963

Bev1963 Likes to Post

Matalan are normally quite good for holiday clothes.

9. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

thanks for these - I am really only buying enough for my holiday as I don't have enough holiday clothes.

I could do with knowing what towns are best - the ones that have the best Debenhams, bhs, next, evans, etc, etc x

10. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Where abouts are you?
    I was in Norwich last week and was pretty uninspired by their High Street shops, but found the huge Asda on the outskirts had some lovely (and cheap!) clothes. Likewise, there's a large Tesco Extra near my mum's and I got some really nice stuff from there. Short sleeved tops for £6, 3/4 length trousers, that kind of thing, and it is really nice stuff.
    I bought literally all of my new clothes from Tesco or Asda with the exception of a couple of things from New Look.

11. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

I am in Hereford and our high street is just so poor - the big names don't staff half the stuff they have, so always have to go to big shopping malls. I really wanna go somewhere like meadow hall or trafford centre, but they are some distance and just don't know if it's worth it going that far. I think I will have a look at the different malls online to see which shops they have as I just want a big variety so that hopefully one of the shops will have some clothes for me!!

12. NewLife4Me

NewLife4Me Full Member

BEST OF LUCK SHOPPING!!! Hope you find lots! I went this week and nearly cried....no summer clothes to be found, oohh except for the end of the sales railing....everything was autumn & winter clothes, I was soooo mad!

13. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

ooh, I will probably be having the same experience then. Oh well, if all else fails I will just buy accessories and get everything else online! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.