O/T While The Cat's Away...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Scarlet Daisy, 16 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My OH has a platonic female friend, that has been around since they were in 6th Form College together. He thinks they are "mates" and nothing has ever happened between them, because he doesn't fancy her at all. However, she is CLEARLY (to a woman) in love with him. You know how stupid men are.

In twelve years she has only dated two men (one for about two years and one she just moved in to her house) and the first of those was a huge excuse to look like a victim and spend hours crying to my OH (I wasn't around then). The new guy seems like she has "settled" for what she can get and I don't think she cares for him much. We went out as a group and she is certainly more excited by being around my boyfriend!

She doesn't like me but has to be polite (which in her case means banging on and on to me, about how she knows my boyfriend sooooo well etc.). I'm polite back, because anything else would upset him.

Before I moved in she rang my b/f about once a month, usually to the house phone. NOW she only rings his mobile and (the reason I'm posting here, apart from wanting to kill her) she has taken to phoning EVERY Monday night... Because she knows I am out at SW! Apparently her OH has a club that night too. Grrrrr.

Yes, I am a jealous biotch. Yes, she looks like a troll and has no chance, so I should relax. Yes, I know that the fact he won't answer the phone to her most of the time (because he likes the peace when I'm not there chatting) means she might get the message and **** ***.

But still...Grrrrrr!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Unfortunately some people cling to the past and are totally unable to move on. I'd still hate her but I'd feel sorry for her and her pathetic attempts to annoy you.

4. Beki

Beki Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oh, i'd be exactly the same! i'm a right jealous so and so! :eek: i know this doesn't help you.. but... thought i'd say i'd feel exactly the same! lol xx

5. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Isn't it funny how men can sometimes be oblivious to this sort of thing but to women it's so clear and obvious!!

Rant away...it must be really frustrating for you. I can get jealous too, not all the time but when I do, I am usually right about it!!! I have been in a similar but very different situation with someone who my OH was friends with...but luckily she started doing things that even he realised were inappropriate and we managed to knock that on the head (not literally, although I'd have LOVED that!)

Anyway...GRR at her and unless you start plotting her downfall in an evil styleee (tempted) then you'll have to rise above it.

Troll! Love it.

6. Wyrdsysta

Wyrdsysta Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Reallllllllllly feel for you... been there.

Eventually though I'm sure he will see it for what it is. Mine did, -and because I didnt stomp my feet or give ultimatums my halo remained in tact. :) :)

Good luck & lots of patience to you!

7. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Bint-features needs to back the hell off. But to NOT be told by you to back the hell off. Difficult I know hun.

Maybe set a bear trap for her or something...?

b_n_3003 likes this.
  8. b_n_3003

b_n_3003 Silver Member

why are men so dumb with issues like this? (apologies if you are one of the few switched on fella's out there)
    you're being great, you've more patience than me I'd have answered the phone and told her to f*&k off by now

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.