Oat/Scan bran

weebee

Hi folks

I have been having 28g of fruit & fibre for brekky for weeks now and I have only noticed that I am supposed to have 1 x oat/scan bran with it. I have searched online and from what I can see, oat/scan bran comes in cereal form. (if you know what I mean). What do slimming world mean by 1 ? I was expecting a crispbread or something.

Sorry if I am just being daft lol:confused:

Brenda

Scanbran is a crispbread type thing. You buy it at meetings or at Holland and Barrett and it comes in packs of eight. Some people love it and some people hate it! So be warned lol!

Awful things!

they resemble compressed card board.. and taste about the same on their own..
even the packaging says they are best used with a topping or in recipes.. :)

I have had two packs of these in the cupboard for a month. Had a bite out of one and couldn't face eating anymore! Possibly the worst thing I have ever tried!!

I really like them!

Even with a topping on scanbran is vile. It's like stereotypical health food. BUT, it is fab in cake recipes. I'm addicted!

Can you point me in the direction of a few decent recipes that use them please?

I really like them!

Me too! Thought I was the only one haha.

I don't use them in recipes as such, just toppped with some quark mixed with salt and pepper or some jam :)

Me too! Thought I was the only one haha.

I don't use them in recipes as such, just toppped with some quark mixed with salt and pepper or some jam :)

We can start the scan bran club lol! I don't use them in recipes either, just spread with laughing cow light, cucumber or cherry toms and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and seasalt. The quark idea sounds good though, are there syns in that?

We can start the scan bran club lol! I don't use them in recipes either, just spread with laughing cow light, cucumber or cherry toms and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and seasalt. The quark idea sounds good though, are there syns in that?

No quark is free! it's the texture of philidelphia but needs s&p to make it taste of something. Also really good mixed with a sachet of options for a really creamy cocolate pudding :)

I use scanbran as a toast substitute, pour tinned tomatoes over it and a couple of runny poached eggs and mushrooms yummy

I haven't tried Scan Bran yet... I think it's really expensive!

Back