What is Scan Bran and where can I get it?

trf1960

I keep seeing mention of Scan Bran but have no idea what it is? Is this something that can only be bought from the meetings - I am an online member so do not attend these??

Oh, thanks for that. I have noticed quite a few recipes using Scanbran so I suppose its used as some type of 'filler'.

T

Let's just say its very good for your losses if you consume enough water too. The sw packs come with 10 pieces 5 for hexb and it's advised to have 5 glasses of water. I really enjoy it when I make scan bran onion bahjees or the choc muffins. But just stay near a toilet!

Last time I did a week of scan bran as hexb I lost 8.5lbs

LOL, okay so I reckon its best to only use it at the weekend then and not during the week?! I don't know why but I have a 'thing' about using any toilet outside of my home, silly I know but that's me. :rolleyes: and anyway, if you saw the state of the ladies toilets at my office you wouldn't either. :sick0019: It's just that I always used to have a slice or two of Walnut or Angel Cake at the weekend with a cuppa so I am looking for something to use to resemble a cake. I will buy some tomorrow anyway and give it a go but will heed everyone's warning.

would you have a recipe for the scan bran onion bahjees, they sound interesting. Never tried Scan Bran before but have been tempted to buy them

Ingredients
5 scan bran
1 beaten egg
1 large potatoe (grated)
1 large onion (finally chopped)
3 heaped teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoons sweetner

Method
!) soften the scan bran in boiling water, drain the excess water and mash the scan bran
2) Add the beaten egg
3) Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4) form the mix into bhajis
5) place bhajis on greaseproof paper sprayed with fry light.
6) Bake in the over for 30 minutes on gas mark 5/190

Syns
If you are using the scan bran as an health extra these are syn free or count 5 syns for the scan bran.

Ingredients
5 scan bran
1 beaten egg
1 large potatoe (grated)
1 large onion (finally chopped)
3 heaped teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoons sweetner

Method
!) soften the scan bran in boiling water, drain the excess water and mash the scan bran
2) Add the beaten egg
3) Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4) form the mix into bhajis
5) place bhajis on greaseproof paper sprayed with fry light.
6) Bake in the over for 30 minutes on gas mark 5/190

Syns
If you are using the scan bran as an health extra these are syn free or count 5 syns for the scan bran.

Thank you. Do you think it would work without the egg?

Brilliant. Thanks for the recipe. I've just started the challenge and I'm already sick of waffles lmao.

Back