Oats so simple porridge

Berry85

I need some inspiration as to what to eat with oats so simple porridge, it's so bland! have tried it with banana but not fussed! Does anyone have any free/low syn ideas on what to add?

i add some sweetener with either banana, blueberries or raspberries.

Thanks girls, I wish I liked it on it's own but I have too much of a sweet tooth lol....sweetener might b a good idea with some fruit, will give it a go!

i must admit i do add quite alot of sweetener!!

you could always have some honey and syn it.

You should try the dorset cereals porridge sachets the raspberry and cranberry one and the apple one are a hex b choice and a little bit sweeter.

Oh will look out for the dorset cereals ones.....is sweetener free or do u syn it? Thanks for all the suggestions!x

sweetener is free

I have had it with grated apple (after heating so no syns) and a teaspoon of brown sugar (1syn) and cinnamon. Tastes all christmasy :)

It's really nice if you mix it with a mullerlight the night before and leave in the fridge and then have with some fresh fruit or some defrosted frozen mixed fruit.

Had no idea about the Dorset cereal ones! Will have to look - I'm sure I've seen them in Sainsburys and Waitrose.

As for Oat So Simple - I usually have it with fruit and low fat yogurt stirred in - I get frozen fruit bags and let a portion defrost overnight. Otherwise, "magic porridge" made with toffee mullerlight is yum with chopped banana. Also, I've not tried this but could you stir in an options hot chocolate (2 syns) to make it sweeter?

I have had it with grated apple (after heating so no syns) and a teaspoon of brown sugar (1syn) and cinnamon. Tastes all christmasy :)

I have that most mornings though minus the sugar (I refuse to use syns for a meal!!)

Also, sometimes i chop up grapes tiny and then stir that through. :)

Or and grated pear and dried ginger.. mmmm I might have that tomorrow.

I am really new to SW and also have a question about the Oats So Simple Porridge.

I've been eating the 50g pots which are made up with water (they contain milk powder). According to the syns calculator they are 9.5 syns. BUT can I count 28g (or approx. half) to my HE 'b' option to reduce my number of syns?

Since the porridge oats are the same, you should be able to deduct 6 syns from your pot value, but you'll also need to have the Ryvita Wholegrain, Scanbran or Oatbran that day to make it up to the healthy extra B - it's all about the fibre!

It's similar to the way the large chocolate Weetabix are done as a healthy extra - two of them = one healthy extra B + 2 syns.

Hope that helps.

Back