Oats So Simple

ronniejacobs

Gold Member
ok so I tried it made with water today so i could save some milk for my tea through the day and sorry its yuk, will be buying skimmed milke from now so i can have tea and porridge

I made magic porridge last night with OSS, for the first time and was really surprised how much it filled me up and was just there and ready in the fridge when I needed it in the morning :)

Mix a mullerlight yoghurt, with a sachet of OSS, makes sure it's mixed well and put it in the fridge overnight. I used one with fruit in, and the fruit went a little bit soggy, might work better with the vanilla ones. I liked it though - probably doesn't help if you're looking for a hot breakfast, but does mean you can have 'porridge' without using up bith HEX in the morning :) x

I keep forgetting to make magic porridge the day before so I make my OSS with water (slightly less than the recommended amount of milk). With about 20 seconds in the microwave to go I stir in a yoghurt (about half of a WW one) and then finish it off.

I used to swear by blue milk but now I drink red on the odd occasion I have had full fat in tea made by someone else it tastes so fatty and rank,you soon get to used to it :)

I make my porridge with water as normal and then add a Activia peach or mango yogurt as they are much creamier than muller lights. I also do the same with Weetabix

I make mine with water and add a dash of milk afterwards. It does take some getting used to but I like it now.

I haven't made the magic porridge but will give it a go sometime.

So with the magic porridge you mix with yoghurt then leave overnight in the fridge, can you heat it up in the morning or is it just eaten cold??

You can heat it up gently in the microwave on a low heat. I prefer it cold though.

i make OSS with mainly water and a splash of red milk then eat it with sliced fruit but i think i wil be giving the magic porridge a try becaue im the type of perosn who has to give every thing a go

I make my porridge with water as normal and then add a Activia peach or mango yogurt as they are much creamier than muller lights. I also do the same with Weetabix

Oh yum - just tried this and it was fantastic, thanks Brightonrosie. :D I used a forest fruits Aptivia fat free yogurt and a teaspoon full of sweetener and it was gorgeous!

I also make my porridge with water! After a couple of mornings your tastebuds adjust, just as they did when you made the switch from semi-skimmed to skimmed milk (if you have!). Honestly, eventually you won't notice :)

I like mine with sliced banana and sweetener...or sometimes for a couple of syns worth of indulgence...proper sugar! It's soooo nice! I also sometimes use an activia vanilla yoghurt as it's so creamy (much nicer than gloopy mullerlights IMO!) and stir that through. Yum.

I used to get Oats So Simple before I realised what a ripoff it is. (A nearly 400% markup just for putting oats in little paper bags - no thanks!)

I made it once with water and it was horrible. But I love proper oats made just with water! (I use Scotts Old Fashioned.) I sometimes add a little milk afterwards, but usually don't bother.

Back