Oatsosimple HEB

Yes, it a bit ambiguous but that is how I was reading it - that it's not a HE in that it won't give you the recommended calcium/fibre etc, rather than that it therefore needs to be synned.

Jaylou - is it worth asking for clarification just on that point? I'm quite impressed by how quickly they got back to you!

I guess you could also read it as, you cant have it as a HeB without the scan bran. So dont necessarily have to syn it, just perhaps choose something else. This is why I have 2 weetabix, so I dont get confused with the extra this and that lol I warm mine in the microwave and mush it up so it feels like I'm eating porridge. :)

i wouldnt worry too much about it i think its just to make sure you get enough fibre, dont think it would effect weight loss xx

I also doubt very much that missing out a 20 calorie scan bran would affect weight loss, in fact I know it wouldn't!! The whole point of the thread was if having porridge without a scan bran needed to be synned or not.
I still don't think we've got the answer but I think silvermaneuk is quite right, it probably doesn't have to be synned but it isn't a HEX so shouldn't be used as such.

I'm sure if you did a one hundred porridge eating people survey though and asked..........

Oops sorry everyone, what have I started here?! Think this kind of question has always been ongoing and maybe always will be depending on which consultant you speak to! I am going to try and get some scan bran this weekend from a H&A somewhere so that I am following it to the letter, however I have lost 2lbs this week so it doesn't seem to have affected me but I do try to vary my breakfasts and don't have OSS every day.

Not to open another can of worms :rolleyes:, but sometimes I only have 1/2 my milk allowance HEA and then make my other half HEA up with half a portion of cheese, is this allowed as I am still getting the right amount of calcium?

I promise I won't ask any more difficult questions from now on...:eek: *Skulks away quietly*

Not to open another can of worms :rolleyes:, but sometimes I only have 1/2 my milk allowance HEA and then make my other half HEA up with half a portion of cheese, is this allowed as I am still getting the right amount of calcium?

I promise I won't ask any more difficult questions from now on...:eek: *Skulks away quietly*

Now this one I know for sure! It is allowed, it's on the SW FAQ page :)

Now this one I know for sure! It is allowed, it's on the SW FAQ page :)

Fantastic - the 'official' line on this has changed then (used to be a no-no), but I'm glad common sense has prevailed here :D

Back