Obesity TV

roundrachel

Silver Member
Having just watched 'the hospital' on Channel 4 about tennage obesity, I've just seen there's a programme on after the news on BBC 1 about a 33 stone 15 year old girl.

I'm not sure if these programmes are supposed to inspire or scare people about being overweight. There's so much about it in the media though I think people are just so used to it, it doesn't shock any more.

I'm still shocked when I look at my before pics and wonder how on earth I let myself get so big. I'm just glad that touch wood, I don't seem to have done any massive long term damage to my health.

I'm sure I'll come on later to give my tv review of the BBC 1 programme!!

Well she's done the ozone in then for a start!! :rolleyes: I'm sure the Scum paper will have pulled her to pieces at some point.

What really, really ,REALLY pisses me off is the parents of these kids letting it get out of control like that American boy. Are they not all there or something? Yes, I made me fat but that was my own stupidity. To virtually kill my own child through allowing them to over eat so much...????

Sorry, perhaps I should watch the program first but last time I watched one of these I ended up unable to sleep as I was so wound up after shouting at the telly. :eek:

Georgia (the 33 stone 15 year old) seems a lovely kid. Typical teen of course but can completely understand why she got to the weight she did.
And her weight loss to date has been fantastic. All done through exercise and sensible eating. Good for her. So much better than the kids who just want a gastric band and aren't prepared to put any work in to improve their lives

She has done fantastic but even after warning her mother she would need help there was still a struggle going on between them.

Where was the help and bereavement councelling from the start?

Why didn't doctor say 'excuse me Mum but your seven year old daughter weighs 11 stone and I think we should do something about it.' ?

Why was she allowed to lock herself in her room with mountains of food when she was little? She didn't go and buy the food on her own!

Why was there full fat, precessed, calorific food everywhere?

I admire the fact that she went to America and did what she had to but, perhaps I live on a totally different planet, to me a child should not be allowed to get that far in the first place.

Back