OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

Hellie and QualityB - those dresses are both lovely, QualityB - you really suit the veil.

I wanted to focus on inches rather than pounds, as I thought that might motivate me more, but it's not very scientific, is it? One day I'm probably pulling the tape a bit tighter than the next day or vice versa.....well, I hope so anyway - otherwise I've just GAINED an inch everywhere!! Back tot he scales, I think. even if they can be a bit unpredictable too (bloating, time of month, etc)

Hello all you lovelies! How's all your plans going? I think we've got a date and venue sorted yey! Got back on the wagon after a 5 week hiatus and only put on 2.5lbs in that time - was very chuffed with myself! xxx

Hey DD - that's great going for a few weeks off! When's your date?

BiggySmalls - I think inches are good but you're right about the fluctuations. I do think it helps doing your measurements but not as the main measure of weight loss - for the reasons you say! Do lbs as well as inches? As long as the overall trend is smaller inch-wise and generally you're getting lighter then that's got to be good!! :)

I'm going to aim for target by September, so that I can then just maintain until the wedding (that's the idea anyway!) F's christening is in Sept, and I definitely want to look good for that.

Been to see a dressmaker this week, which was brilliant and I think I will go with her and get something made-to-measure and my design!!

Hey DD - that's great going for a few weeks off! When's your date?

BiggySmalls - I think inches are good but you're right about the fluctuations. I do think it helps doing your measurements but not as the main measure of weight loss - for the reasons you say! Do lbs as well as inches? As long as the overall trend is smaller inch-wise and generally you're getting lighter then that's got to be good!! :)

I'm going to aim for target by September, so that I can then just maintain until the wedding (that's the idea anyway!) F's christening is in Sept, and I definitely want to look good for that.

Been to see a dressmaker this week, which was brilliant and I think I will go with her and get something made-to-measure and my design!!

Hello lovely! Big day is (fingers crossed - just means us sending the deposit cheque this week) Saturday 29th September 2012 - excited? me, very!! Just need to get back on the wagon and get to target - promised myself I wouldn't even start to try on dresses until then, so best get moving!!

xxx

Hi guys! Back from honeymoon!

Here are a few pics for those of you that like to look at pics, the weather was mild and it didn't rain- although it was very breezy and my light dress sometimes had it's own ideas about what it was doing when we were taking outside pics! :)

082-Copy.jpg

086.jpg

110.jpg

054.jpg

047.jpg

2011-05-29_42.jpg

106.jpg

161.jpg

will have to view pics when i get home :) i cant believe how soon my wedding is coming up!!!! need to get my invites sent out this week! eeek! xxx

EDIT - have seen the pics - you look AMAZING Laura!!! xxx

Last edited:
How are you doing, Brides To Be?! Everyone mega-motivated because of their gorgeous frocks?
I am going to Suzanne Neville in Wilmslow this week and I'm SO excited. Her gowns are spectacular (if somewhat expensive!!) and I'm quite hoping not to fall in love with any of them...but I bet I do! Lol!

x

Hey all, Yes, I'm still motivated. Been doing 30 Day Shred and running (but sadly have been off the wagon food-wise recently due to lots of weekends away, eating out, parties - wow, my life sounds fabulous there!) Good news is that the exercise seems to be getting me some results.....would still love it to be faster but I have to accept that things take time! I would like to lose a lot of inches, but then I do have a year to so it. Fingers crossed!!

I have turned into a beached whale. I gained 3lbs last week and i got a call from my bridal store saying my dress had arrived.

Going on Sat to try it on.....but i thought it wouldnt be here until August and now i am SHIIIIITTTTTIN myself that it wont fit.

Oh well - can only try it on and see! xxx

Hi Ladies

Ellebear - I'm in the same boat as you Hun my dress has arrived but shouldn't have been in the shop for another month so going to try it on Saturday!!!!! They said my final fitting will be late August!

I've been trying to do the shred but my god jillian drives me mad lol I've resorted to sessions of body combat in the gym and 5k runs and ab work just hoping it's enough - food wise I have fell off the wagon a few times due to picnics with kids/days out etc.

Only 3 months and 1 week until the big day arrrggghhhhh not long at all total of 13 weeks!!! Where did the time go??

I have turned into a beached whale. I gained 3lbs last week and i got a call from my bridal store saying my dress had arrived.

Going on Sat to try it on.....but i thought it wouldnt be here until August and now i am SHIIIIITTTTTIN myself that it wont fit.

Oh well - can only try it on and see! xxx

Exactly! Try it on and see! It might actually fit! And if it doesn't, at least then you can visually see how much you need to go till it does. And I'm sure it'll make me cry, again! *note to self - put on waterproof mascara and take a pack of tissues!*

Hi Ladies

Ellebear - I'm in the same boat as you Hun my dress has arrived but shouldn't have been in the shop for another month so going to try it on Saturday!!!!! They said my final fitting will be late August!

I've been trying to do the shred but my god jillian drives me mad lol I've resorted to sessions of body combat in the gym and 5k runs and ab work just hoping it's enough - food wise I have fell off the wagon a few times due to picnics with kids/days out etc.

Only 3 months and 1 week until the big day arrrggghhhhh not long at all total of 13 weeks!!! Where did the time go??

Our wedding dates are close then hun!!! we need all the help we can get!

How are you doing with all the other stuff? much left to do???

I am going to be ordering my B-maid dresses on Sat/Sunday - very excited!!!! ordering them online - woo!

Invites are on the whole - sent out!!! just need to do the final evening ones now i think!

Suits - nearly sorted! hehe!

Dress - well, we know that stress! hehe!

x

Exactly! Try it on and see! It might actually fit! And if it doesn't, at least then you can visually see how much you need to go till it does. And I'm sure it'll make me cry, again! *note to self - put on waterproof mascara and take a pack of tissues!*

Yes bring tissues!!! i am taking my shoes and tiara too!!! wooooo!!!!

Give you a better idea of it all......!!!!

I really dont think its gonna fit, cos a) its a size 12 (US) and b) i am a huge blobby whale at the moment! hehe!

xxx

Yes bring tissues!!! i am taking my shoes and tiara too!!! wooooo!!!!

Give you a better idea of it all......!!!!

I really dont think its gonna fit, cos a) its a size 12 (US) and b) i am a huge blobby whale at the moment! hehe!

xxx

I don't know what the US sizes are, does that make it a UK 14? I can't wait to try my shoes on, and prance around in them! Ha ha! You know me and pretty shoes!! Hee hee!!

Back