OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

I'm depressed 'cos I fell off the wagon, again. I'm crap :( Why can't I stick with it for more than a week at a time at the moment? :mad:

You must be sabotaging yourself for a reason. Are you a happy or sad eater. I eat when I'm happy and bored, can't eat when I'm sad..

Are the people around you help the sabotage, that's the problem I usually have!
Maybe you can find some new motivation like new clothes in smaller size or a new goal??

XX

You must be sabotaging yourself for a reason. Are you a happy or sad eater. I eat when I'm happy and bored, can't eat when I'm sad..

Are the people around you help the sabotage, that's the problem I usually have!
Maybe you can find some new motivation like new clothes in smaller size or a new goal??

XX

I don't know why :(

I'm annoying myself. I'm really focused on week and then 'fed up' the next and loose willpower... certainly people aren't being entirely helpful. OH is quite good at helping me resist, sometimes, but then sometimes he buys chocolate brownies and only eats 2 out of a pack of 3.... And people at work are always munching on choc and treats. In fact, I had cake today because it is someones birthday. Just a small piece, but not necessary :(

Think I'm just tired... physically tired (as in sleepy) and getting tired of counting syns and thinking of food the whole time.. But I know I need to. It's very frustrating :(

I think when I went to pizza express I counted it as 25syns just to be safe. Didn't think of doing the HexA thing!! Will be doing that when I go to York ;) I honestly think they're worth it, but then I have a thing for pizza. It is the ONLY thing I miss-and the SW friendly ones are just not the same ;)

I'm sorry to hear things are so tough for you right now Laura :(

Laura, if it's choccy you are craving, go on the SW website (or on here) and look for choccy cake recipes. I've just made one. Should've used All Bran, but I used Bran Flakes. 100g of those, 250mls of boiling water, 2 eggs, half a cup of sweetner, and a sachet of low fat drinking chocolate/6tsps. Mix it all together, whack it in the microwave for 6 minates - voila! Sooooo nice! Cut into 6 peices, 3.5 syns a slice!!!

Laura, if it's choccy you are craving

It's not chocolate though, it's everything. And anything.

I'm just gonna take it easy for a couple of days. Eat what I like, but smaller portions. Choose healthy stuff which is technically not SW friendly (as in shop bought veg soup as opposed to homemade) but not a bad choice (ie white bread mayo laden sandwich) Not binge on things, just settle down. Start fresh (again) after WI, but use all syns everyday. Stop pushing to lower syns. See if I can break the good week/bad week cycle. :eek:

I should be ok this week coming as I have Friday off from work, so can keep out of mischief and OH is away the weekend and not back until Wednesday so I can please myself food wise. Just got to get through week 2.... :mad:

good luck Laura - i think you need to write a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight, plan your meals out and go and buy all the things you need.

Its so much harder if you have not planned your meals, cos they you are wondering what to have and you dont have the foods to make things sometimes.

Hopefully - focusing on goals and planning the meals will help you get back on track and stop the being naughty/clawback cycle.

xxx

I think you always need to allow yourself your full syns allowance, otherwise it starts to feel like you're depriving yourself, like you have to on every other diet!

Are you going to the Wedding Show Ferny? I am flying back to the UK on the 10th Oct and going from Manchester to Bham and the straight to the Show!!!

I will be dead on my feet i am sure!!!! haha! x

I have been super lazy with exercise of late. I did wonder how long it would take for me to fall off the exercise wagon :eek: It comes and goes for me! Hopefully I'll jump back on soon. Just felt so tired lately and I've had a cold this week and other stuff going on. Still doing lots of walking, just not as much and no Wii!!

Maybe just try doing one thing on the Wii every night, so just do one hoola-hoopig session or the step session. It'll take, what, about 10 mins? And after a week or so you might be feeling a bit like doing a bit more :)

Well, last night I out back on the 3.5Ib I lost last week, after gaining it the week before. At least I'm being consistent :rolleyes:

Started of well today, had an omlette with cheese and onions and mushrooms as a brunchy type meal and a cup of coffee. Spaghetti bolognese for dinner tonight :) Just gonna take one day at a time for teh next few weeks, make sure I plan in syns for treats so I don't get frustrated and feel deprived. I will get over this weird mental block! :p

No I'm saving the big ones for closer to the time!! This ones in Clevedon somerset, next month is my local one and iv one in nov at the grange which is a popular w.venue here! Keeping it local atm, don't want to get ahead of myself!!

If anyone watched the bristol don't tell the bride (episode before last) the dress her shop came from is my local bridal shop, I live 2mins from there!!!!!

Xx

hello fellow brides! back from first bridal fayre and very excited!!

managed to get some rough estimates on what certain things will end up costing me, for example a guide price for seat covers and sash's will cost me just under £135 for 30/35 guests, as il be fitting them 'myself' ( ie, someone else :D) so wont be charged for putting them on.

iv finally gotten the corouge to ring pendennis castle and the current pricing's are

May-Sept, on a saturday £1800
May-Sept on a friday/sunday £1600

October-april on a saturday £1600
october-april on friday/sunday £1400

What do you guys think?? is this resonable? of course its only for the ceremony, drinks and pictures on the grounds?
at this point, im more than happy for a friday the 25th, April wedding.
being that spring yellow is already my colour scheme, i suppose it would be more fitting.
and cheaper..

i also got to sit in a real wedding car today! like the proper old school fancy cars, it was soo comfy.. i might reconcider my vw van tansport!

oo, and i also have another Q, which i really need your opinion on.

At wedding fayre, there were loads of jewlery people, and i tried on loads of bands and couldnt find one that sat nice or flush against my engagment ring, one bloke even spent 45 mins with me trying to find one, just couldnt find a nice one..

then, after WF, wife and I strolled down to beach front to take a visit to this adorable little shop that only opens on sundays, run by a retired couple who sell antique jewlery, handmade bespoke bags and other various fine china etc. just popped in to show her the shop as she hadnt seen it before and there is somthing very magical about this place, as its all so different and run from the basement of thier house! its like aladins cave, youv never seen anything like it.

anyways, i found the ring. As soon as i saw it, i knew i liked it... it was in my size and 18ct white gold like my engagment ring. When i tried it on, i fell in love. I couldnt believe after all the hassle id cause the blokey at wedding fayre, id manage to stumble across my ring.. just like that. It sits so beautifully next to my ring, and i adore it.

and to make it even better, because this shop is so secret, and everything is either antique or one off made, but the owners dont do it for profit, all the rings are more than half the price of what would be sold in a big chain like goldsmiths, clive ranger etc.

this ring, is only 299.. 269 if we pay cash. its an 18ct white gold band with a line of diamonds, running along the centre, its bizare but the line of diamonds isnt straight, it slants around the band, its odd.. but its so cute. I just love it.

Now. iv put it on hold, and owners say i can £30 deposit, then pay it off over 6 months, as OH's rents live local. BUT A) i know we cant really afford anything we dont need right this minute right now.. and B) Oh thinks its rediculous to buy a band when were not getting married for another few years, which is totally understandable..

but i am so fussy, and i really really love that ring. I asked him if there was any way to track the same ring down in a few years time, but he says they are all one offs and once there gone, they'r gone. He says they may have somthing simalar, but no two are alike.

Im in a pickle. Should i just buy it, (i know we have half that in the wedding pot in cash already) and give it to OH's parents to look after untill big day.. OR do i make the sensible descion of using the money to get us out of the financial trouble were in now, but run the risk of finding it incredibly difficult to find the same or simalar ring i like as much, for that kind of price.

???

I concur- buy it! You can pay it a bit at a time so at least it's spreading it out. Your wedding ring is important and if it feel right then go for it. It's not like you've bought the dress :rolleyes::p I know what you mean about getting ring that sits nice and flush. I have had one made with a notch out so it fits my engagement ring (picked it up last week) so I think it's perfectly normal to buy your ring early. Besides, tell your OH that leaving something like that will only make it cost more in long run... gold prices likely to rise, VAT definitely will... blah blah :p

So, the general gist of that ramble was- buy it! :D

LOL. hmm, i actually thought you might side with him. No matter how much i explain the logistics, i just dont think hes going to see sense.. Its just so.. perfect. :(

what do you think of my seat and sash's prices, ceremony etc? im not sure whats extortionatly prices or the norm?!

Defo buy it!

You sound so in love with it that I doubt if you dont you will never find anything that lives up to it and will only end up regretting it.

And its not as if you have to pay it all now, by paying it off you will not even notice it

Back