OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

LOL. hmm, i actually thought you might side with him. No matter how much i explain the logistics, i just dont think hes going to see sense.. Its just so.. perfect. :(

what do you think of my seat and sash's prices, ceremony etc? im not sure whats extortionatly prices or the norm?!

I would shop around on that price for chair covers. I'm paying £225 for 100 chair covers so £2.25 per cover and they are fitting them. At £135 for 35 covers that would be £3.87 each and you are providing the labour. Doesn't sound like the best possible deal.

And as for your ceremony venue... only you can judge that. As a comparison, we are paying less than £4k for ceremony, drinks reception, canapes, wine for toasts, buffet for 130 people and all room hire. And hotel room for us night of wedding, and things like red carpet, cake stand etc. But then, we are getting married in a hotel, not a castle :p

Also on the ring front- I just paid £288 for a plain 18ct white gold band without any diamonds (custom made to fit engagement ring, granted, but still just a plain ring), so I think you've got a good price on that ring. I think if you don't get it you will struggle to find one later you love as much, that fits as well, and is in that price range. It is in fact sensible to get it now. :D

Morning, a massive 3 lb lose this week!!!! Not quite sure how, but very pleased. H2B is back from Sweden now and I am going to an exercise class this morning called 'Complete Conditioning'. This is the first exercise i've done in about 2 years!!!!

Also got my allotment yesterday so was doing a bit of digging, quite good exercise too :O)

Oh yeah and I got my 2 stone sticker :O)

Last edited:
Only 1 1/2 lbs away from my original target of 10 stone, but have decided to go a bit further and now i'm exercising too i expect i will put on a bit of muscle :)

Still 100% on plan- and it's day 4. Here's my diary link: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/169041-laura2481s-food-diary-mostly-ee.html

Still, it's not this first week that's the issue- it's next week I'll be having to watch myself! :p

Been thinking about what to have for my old new borrowed blue today. Bare with me- this is a long thought process :p

I have a pandora bracelet that I wear practically every day and I was thinking that could be my old, and there are some nice beads with mother of pearl hearts on that will look nice if I get 2-3 of them, also thinking I will get one which has blue crystals on it- then it can be my blue too.

Then I thought- Ant will be getting me an 'I' bead, i think, on the day (he got me an X this year on our 10 year anniversary- X being roman numeral for 10. I thought it was a kiss :p) so with 'I' that will be 'XI' - 11 :D So that is old, new and blue.

I was getting a bit stuck with borrowed until I remember Ant has an 'X' to match mine. I could borrow his for the day and have old, new, borrowed and blue on my one bracelet- and I will wear it practically every day afterwards. I like that idea :) But if Ant doesn't want to lend me his (he may want to wear it, which is fine) then a lady at work also has a Pandora bracelet and may lend me a bead from hers...

See, it was a long thought :D

I'm afraid I'll have to go with everyone else and say go for the ring. If it's perfect and you love it, then that's really important! You may never find another like it :)

I haven't a clue about the chair covers and stuff prices coz I haven't been involved in that with my friends. But the venue cost seems very reasonable for such an amazing place!! By friends are getting married on a Thurs coz if they wanted a weekend at their venue it was over £2000 for 2 hours :eek:

Still haven't really gotten myself back in to doing other exercise. I knew I would eventually get fed up of it :p Good advice tho Laura, I really should start up again just by doing 10_15mins of something and then work my way up. Maybe tomorrow ;)

And well done on your 2 days within syns :D

Legs slightly aching today, but I like it!!

We are getting married in the little church in the village where I grew up. Next door is the village hall which is quite old and has a lot of sentimental value to me. The bonus is it costing less than £100 to hire for the whole weekend!! :)

Last weigh in tonight before the wedding and I dont think its going to be good news - have let things slip a bit with a few beers on Thursday, beers and a Nandos Friday and loads of beers and a massive portion of chip shop chips Sunday! The Nandos wasnt too bad though, 1/2 chicken, took of the skin and had with rice and peas. Randomly saw Gok Wan as I was coming out of Nandos - there was a fashion show thing going on in Bristol at the weekend and they were rehearsing for it.

Still, not too worried about a gain tonight - whatever happens, the dress will be fine, and I've then got 3 weeks of honeymoon in the states before next weigh in so its going to be a drop in the ocean.

Have a countdown booked so I will force myself to face the music when i get back - I started this for my wedding but am keeping it up for life

Aww, good luck mandy :) And I bet you are so excited about the wedding. It will be 8 months tomorrow for us- eeek! :p

Nando's isn't too bad either. I went recently and picked out what was lowest cal on their menu according to their website which was the mixed leaf salad with lemon and herb chicken and a side of spicy rice and it was really lovely! - I reckon it was about 10 syns all in as it was very heavy on free foods. But that was just a gestimate. I lost weight that week anyway so it can't have harmed anything :D

okay ladies.. im heading back to the cute little jewelry store in clevedon this weekend.. im buying the band!!!! :D

Did anyone watch this weeks dont tell the bride?? i am so tempted for a christmas wedding.. i loved thier winterwonderland wedding.. BUT at the same time, were having a small wedding, so is it worth the effort.. plus.. i wouldnt have to pay for hardly any decor.. cos itl all be decorated ready for xmas! and xmas is my fave time of year!!

xx

okay ladies.. im heading back to the cute little jewelry store in clevedon this weekend.. im buying the band!!!! :D

Did anyone watch this weeks dont tell the bride?? i am so tempted for a christmas wedding.. i loved thier winterwonderland wedding.. BUT at the same time, were having a small wedding, so is it worth the effort.. plus.. i wouldnt have to pay for hardly any decor.. cos itl all be decorated ready for xmas! and xmas is my fave time of year!!

xx

Yay! It is totally the sensible thing to do! :D

I did watch that one. It was very sweet, they were so cute. If we had not managed to get our date (our 11 year anniversary :) ) then we would probably have had a christmas wedding

You can have a nice wintery/christmas theme without all the expense of that fake snow :D

WI tonight. Hopefully lost what I gained last week- then got to get through week 2!!

I have booked myself a treat today- an afternoon at a local spa in town. Reduced from £50 to £25! Hopefully going tomorrow if they have space but will go sometime in October, if not! Also, as an extra more expensive treat- i booked a session in their 'mud room' You apply yourself with lots of different muds, bake it on so it drys, then it steams you to loosen it and 'rains' from the ceiling to shower you. So excited :D

Firstly, I LOVE Don't Tell The Bride, it's hilarious!!

I totally would have had a Christmas wedding as I love Christmas, but H2B wanted a summer one and I didn't really mind! Go for it!

x

Oo you ladies always tell me what i want to hear :D lol

I very much like the idea of a winter wonderland wedding. Id need the fake snow though, and a snow man. Muahhahah

I <3 dont tell the bride, its the best programme of the week, hands down. Am super looking forward to 'wedding house' (is that right?) another wedding filled prog hitting screens next week i believe. Freaking love anything wedding related.

That couple were very sweet though, he dress really suited her! ( did notice one error, cant take a dress up that has THAT much lace on the bottom.. uh oh!) she was hiking it up all day! haha

xxx

Back