OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

i have been thinking of a replica site for the bridesmaid dresses - not sure i could do it for MY dress - even thought the saving would be immense!!!! x

I'm just worried in case the quality isn't good, the dresses on the site that they've made look good though

If anyone's interesting in replicas for BM dresses I've found Landy Bridal which has good reviews, very good prices!!

can i be soooper cheeky and ask if anyones willing to share how much they have realistically budgeted for thier wedding. Im really hoping i could do it for 6grand. . we cant afford anymore, not really. xx

Our budget is around £10K for wedding and honeymoon as come in at £4700 but we are amazingly lucky to have the money for that size budget. It would have been around £5k otherwise, I reckon. We have had contributions from both sets of parents and my OH inhertited some money which is where the rest is coming from,

Thats a nice budget! idealy i would like the same..

however the way mortgages are going we cant afford to be catching up with ourselves for a year after money wise, because we still only rent and the sooner we can start getting decent savings together the better. We would try and be on the housing market before wedding if we thought it wouldnt put wedding off ten years realisitically. . x

It is a good budget, though I am trying to spend as little as possible- it's my OH who keeps adding to it wanting chair covers and the like! lol Even my dress is £400 less than I 'budgeted', just because I have that amount doesn't mean I have to spend that much. And you should have seen the haggling I did on my wedding ring to get it under budget lol

LOL.. im greatful i already have bought my wedding band, one less thing to spend ££ when were paying for everything else!

i totted up what i was budgeting for everything on my 'list' and it was already above £10k, even without insurances and stuff.. Gah.

Well, I'm off on holiday as of tomorrow. Don't know if I'll get on tomorrow- I should do but I dunno... so I'll say goodbye now and see you all a week on saturday! :D :D :D

I think our budget has come to about 7k but that does include honeymoon and a holiday cottage for the week of the wedding for us, kids and in-laws. I'm doing a lot of stuff myself and using the village hall for my reception so i've been thrifty :O)

i havent got a budget (oops - cardinal sin) however, as the ceromony, flowers, reception and drinks, and honeymoon only cost 3.5k - im not too worried. im a bit of a tight wad myself. i was going to get a dress off the rack but my mum has insisted she is paying for a nice one. the reception when we get back is £100 and we get that back if we spend over £800 at the bar and my MIL is doing the food. everything else i can get as i go along out of our monthly wages so hopefully wont be a problem. i dont think there is any other 'big' expense along the way. (but i may be in for a big shock - planning is not my strong point - lol)

i forgot to mention - we are getting married in antigua and will be there for 2 weeks

Ours came in at over £20K!!! That mostly went on the venue and catering - and our venue was probably way grander than we were planning but we totally fell in love with it. That also involved cutting down on costs elsewhere as well (my own stuff was very cheap for example - wedding dress was under £500 - my shoes were £15 from M&S, jewellry £6 and hair band (no veil or tiara) £6 - both from BHS). Plus I had no official bridesmaids so no dresses, hair or make up costs there - although in the event, 3 friends ended up taking on the role pretty much, but bought their own dresses and did their own hair and make up.

That probably doesnt really help matters does it?

One idea though - if you want a nice honeymoon but cant afford much, a honeymoon gift list is a great idea - especially if, like most people these days - you are already living together and already have plates, towels, bed linen etc. Its a personal thing though - I thought it was great, but I know other people don't like them, and dont like the idea of basically giving people money, and you can see how much they give etc. I don't personally see how thats any different from a gift list at John Lewis or whatever, you know exactly how much everything is that way, but some people can get funny about it.

He he he, i have managed to bob on :) Our honeymoon was a bit of a splurge as we haven't had a holiday abroad together at all in the ten years we have been together (there has always been something else we had to pay for... rent, mortgage, boiler broke etc etc) so we are going to Mauritius for 10 days all inclusive. Sooooo, excited :D

Hmmm. iv been reseaching cyprus weddings.... it seems far cheaper and alot will be done for me..

im so tempted. Oh is aprehensive, but we'v got 3 years for everyone to save etc. I know not everyone could make it but someone on fb posted some photos of thier ibiza wedding, on the beach. It looks amazing, SO beautiful. Thier tables were on the beach with mountains and ocean in the background. Amazing,..

x

ive made an appointment with my hairdresser for the 13 November to have a consultation about what styles i want - and to get some prices!!!

Wooo!

Back