OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

Thanks for the kind words Ellebear and Fern yes I had a lovely day, couldnt have gone better - considering it was the Saturday of the Ryder cup weekend (where the Ryder cup was extended to the Monday for the first time in about 80 years because of the rain!) - the Friday and Sunday it bucketed down, but it stayed dry all day on Saturday - I even have blue skies in most of my pictures.

Only thing that didnt work out - it was Glastonbury ticket day the following day - all my friends were on their laptops in the bar the following day (only spot in the venue where you could pick up wi-fi) but we all failed to get tickets - so I could be missing Glastonbury next year for the first time in 20 years :cry:

Wow Mandy you looked GORGEOUS!!!!!

and welcome Bunny!!! what are your targets for your big day then? xxxx

well I have been brave and added my goal weights... size is the most important, I need to drop 2 dress sizes to fit the dress, and then I want to smash that target and look stunning!

I actually brought my dress 3 years ago as we were planning to be married in 2007 but major life changes put that on hold so now its 2011. Size wise I have put on a couple of stone since then...

It's strapless and ballgown so really not very forgiving... My chest is the area I have grown the most lol so I think I need to lose two and a half stone initially and then another 2 more.... eeeek seing it in print is scary

OMG I just booked my wedding for 8th July next year, slighty worried as I need birth certificiate of one of my parents and I am not in contact with either of them, argh!

I don't know the circumstances but I am not sure why you need them, :( it's a bit of a pain but you can get copies as Ellebear suggested

well I have been brave and added my goal weights... size is the most important, I need to drop 2 dress sizes to fit the dress, and then I want to smash that target and look stunning!

I actually brought my dress 3 years ago as we were planning to be married in 2007 but major life changes put that on hold so now its 2011. Size wise I have put on a couple of stone since then...

It's strapless and ballgown so really not very forgiving... My chest is the area I have grown the most lol so I think I need to lose two and a half stone initially and then another 2 more.... eeeek seing it in print is scary

you can do it!!! i want to lose another 3 stone or so to get into my dress!!! wooo! xxx

OBG is going into 5th gear tonight... Im trying Zumba... wish me luck... xx

you can do it!!! i want to lose another 3 stone or so to get into my dress!!! wooo! xxx

We can all do it :) when are you getting married Ellebear? Are you a laid back bride or a bridezilla lol

I have been very organised so far as I am very tight for time next year as I am finishing my degree. I also have 3 months of caseloading as I am a student midwife so we are all on call as a little team for 3 months, I don't want to be worrying too much about wedding bits next year! gosh I have so much to do next year:eek:

We can all do it :) when are you getting married Ellebear? Are you a laid back bride or a bridezilla lol

I have been very organised so far as I am very tight for time next year as I am finishing my degree. I also have 3 months of caseloading as I am a student midwife so we are all on call as a little team for 3 months, I don't want to be worrying too much about wedding bits next year! gosh I have so much to do next year:eek:

I am quite laid back at the moment, but gonna have a few things that will make me get more into gear - i still dont have a colour theme in stone...so gonna have to get that sorted!!!

This month ive got hair consultation, make up trial and cake tasting!!! :) hehe! I get married on 15 Oct 2011!

x

Hi bunny lover! I have added you to the members list in the first post :)

Also hi ilovelife- are you wanting to join our motley crew? Shall I add you to the members list? :)

Mandy- wow, how stunning do you look in that red dress! Amazing, really pow! :D I'm glad you had a great day :D:D

Operation VSE was a bit of a non starter for me today, I had intended to possibly go to the gym, or even do an exercise DVD but I got up late (midday! And I was asleep, not just lazing- I must have been cream crackered! :p ) and have spent all day cooking- first 'magic soup' to have for lunch today and some to freeze for lunches at work, and now I'm cooking dinner. Ah well, there's always tomorrow! Must must must do some exercise!

Thank you Laura :) ps I love your avatar

Manc bird I have never tried Zumba I have heard lots of great things about it though :)

Ellebear: it sounds like you have a really calm approach to wedding planning - which is great! I was shocked when I a lot of people said I was 'a bit early' I was like really???

I have changed my colour scheme loads! I have settled now thank goodness we are having a vintage type theme so very pale pinks, creams and pale greens :) I am letting my bridesmaids choose their own dresses on the condition the colours work with the theme - brave of me I think!

October is a lovely month to get married - it my birthday month :D

Thanks, that is my silly cat Harold wrapped up in blanket. he's a big softy :p

I've just seen that there is a Zumba game coming out for the Xbox 360 with the new kinect (wii style) thingy they have brought out... it's out at the end of november and I'm currently musing on how to get OH to agree to us getting a kinect thingy lol

Manc bird I have never tried Zumba I have heard lots of great things about it though :)

Ellebear: it sounds like you have a really calm approach to wedding planning - which is great! I was shocked when I a lot of people said I was 'a bit early' I was like really???

I have changed my colour scheme loads! I have settled now thank goodness we are having a vintage type theme so very pale pinks, creams and pale greens :) I am letting my bridesmaids choose their own dresses on the condition the colours work with the theme - brave of me I think!

October is a lovely month to get married - it my birthday month :D

i am quite calm - ive got to focus all my energy into losing weight!!! thats such a huge thing to get ticked off, that if i dont do it, i dont know what i will do!!!!!

So its not a if - its a when!!! :) and the rest will just all happen and be fine!!!

x

oooo A Zumba game for indoors is a good idea I won't be able to make a fool of myself though!

Laura isn't it usually the men trying to get the OH to agree to getting a kinect thingy!

Ellesbear: loosing weight is a huge focus you are right

oooo A Zumba game for indoors is a good idea I won't be able to make a fool of myself though!

Laura isn't it usually the men trying to get the OH to agree to getting a kinect thingy!
Yeah usually, but my OH seems to think I go through fads, get really excited about stuff and then completely loose interest after a couple of weeks. I don't know where he gets that idea from. Oh, errr, yeah 'cos I do :eek: but I'm quite sure he'll get some use out of a kinect whatsit too. And if I wanted to get into a wii with wii fit extra then I'm sure that would cost more than the kinect... Well, that's the excuse I'm trying to use at the moment :p

Yes please, I thought I would all the stuff for OH to deal with but sadly I doubt he will. He is far to laid back adn I am a worrier and an organsier!

I wish I could do some exercise but at the moment I am totally dead to the world, I have just recently changed my hayfever tabs and they are making me really drowsy. I have to get an appointment to change them, grrr!

Hi bunny lover! I have added you to the members list in the first post :)

Also hi ilovelife- are you wanting to join our motley crew? Shall I add you to the members list? :)

Mandy- wow, how stunning do you look in that red dress! Amazing, really pow! :D I'm glad you had a great day :D:D

Operation VSE was a bit of a non starter for me today, I had intended to possibly go to the gym, or even do an exercise DVD but I got up late (midday! And I was asleep, not just lazing- I must have been cream crackered! :p ) and have spent all day cooking- first 'magic soup' to have for lunch today and some to freeze for lunches at work, and now I'm cooking dinner. Ah well, there's always tomorrow! Must must must do some exercise!

I've just seen that there is a Zumba game coming out for the Xbox 360 with the new kinect (wii style) thingy they have brought out... it's out at the end of november and I'm currently musing on how to get OH to agree to us getting a kinect thingy lol[/QUOTE]

im getting mine sometime this week:D

Back