OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

Oh, just thought I'd mention the Zumba game is coming out on Wii as well as the Kinect-thingy. OH says I have abetter chance of getting a wii over a kinect as they are better value, better developed, more games etc so hurrah! I maybe able to make some passing attempt as operation VSE soon :D

ooh thats good to know - i think i prefer the actual class though as i know i will be doing it for an hour!! no escaping!!! haha! xxx

:wavey:hi all, can I join please, I've just restarted SW on my own at home as I can't afford to go to class, also me and DP have set our date for 29.07.2012 our 18th anniversary of meeting so it will be a double celebration.
As I'm very large (size 26) and have a lot to lose I'm starting earlyish.
I started on the 24th Oct at home and have already lost 5lb so well chuffed with that

Hi Loonylamb sounds like you have started off really well :) well done!

I was called 'the biggest loser' today as a joke as people were kind enough to say they can start to see I have lost weight: I think they are being nice as it's only 8lbs so far! A good few weeks is always a boost isn't it?

I am going to set an exercise goal I think this week, just something small like a 20 min power walk every other day or something like that I think

:wavey:hi all, can I join please, I've just restarted SW on my own at home as I can't afford to go to class, also me and DP have set our date for 29.07.2012 our 18th anniversary of meeting so it will be a double celebration.
As I'm very large (size 26) and have a lot to lose I'm starting earlyish.
I started on the 24th Oct at home and have already lost 5lb so well chuffed with that

welcome to the gang LL! xxxx

Welcome!

so cyprus is off. OH wasnt ever 'really' keen anyways and after some fab uk blogs etc and proper research, iv realised my true love for vintage, garden cornish weddings. And on closer inspection, the area in which we'd have our evening do in the castle- dissapointed isnt the word. So im not sure thats at the top of the list anymore.

Photo Exterior Carwinion Garden Theme Parks & Gardens Falmouth South Cornwall

this has taken my fancy, and as we want a very small wedding, i dont think i'd feel like im trying to fill 'space' so much..

or buscundle (sp?) manor also looks very nice, bit more expensive though.

http://thecreativecrockerycompany.co.uk/crockery/photos/
This place IS in falmouth and is exactly what im looking for.

Right now im thinking we'l be having 'afternoon' tea rather than a full on wedding breakfast, and a bigger buffet in the evening. So il have a 'tea' set per person.. a bird cage on each tabel as the centre peice, filled with flowers and surrounded with soft tea lights.

http://www.aislebeyours.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=110&products_id=917&osCsid=85e3c421a96575ad9406410b54128adc

^ and this is the sort of boquet i think il be going for.

Although my orginal colour scheme was yellow, im realising to really capture the vintage feel, it'l be alot more flexible.. pastel greens, lilacs, pinks.. maeve.. too.

It also gives me the real oppurtunity to get as 'craftey' as i want to with it all. As anything goes with vintage.
Im thinking small jars of homemade jam and individual handmade tags for place settings.

All in my head at the mo.. thinking far too ahead now. Can you tell iv been home from work all day!? i blame elle bear.

Morning Ladies

EB: gym membership is my goal as well for now I am focusing on my Bronze award so today I have been for a 15 minute powerwalk/jog I aim to do another 2 more this week to hit my 45 minutes this week :)
You will have to let us know how it goes this weekend :)

Fern: Your wedding plans are gorgeous so far :) As I mentioned before I am having a shabby chic/vintage style theme as well :) we are getting married in my local 'chocolate box style church (my mother in law calls it that lol) and then our reception is on a farm/restaurant with a marquee. My wedding won't be as intimate as I would ideally like as we have huge families so we are seating around 100!

I am going to decorate the tables with little jars of sweets and pretty labels so it sounds like we have similar ideas in our heads :) I am quite creative but lacking in time to be honest - otherwise I would go nuts with all the things I could make!!! I am trying to choose a vintage style invite at the moment but I am too fussy - plus we are trying to keep costs down so it's quite a balancing act! Keep the plans coming though I love weddings :D

i went to a wedding last night and all i could think about was - oh my wedding will have this and that - oooh i like this and that - haha!

Poor bride though - her hubby's best man spilt cider and black down the front of her dress - total disaster doesnt even come close!!! ooof.

Off to have a consultation with my hairdresser about hair styles now - so i am off to research and get some pics on my phone to show her. I am thinking audrey hepburn style - sweeping, elegant and gorgeous!

:) wish me luck!!! x

Ouch, ellebear! that is bad. I dont know what i'd do!

BL i totally get you. Iv been looking at vintage dresses but the styles dont suit my body shape, and i want to feel 100% on my day, not just wearing it to fit the feel of the wedding. iv got too many curves, for the 30's/40's dresses i like the most.

oo your sweets sound luuuurvly!

mmmm..

gosh i dont think i know 100 people hahahaa

xxx

EB: good luck today - take some pics if you feel brave! I think I am going to have my hair down I have quite a detailed strapless dress so I might skip the veil as well - I haven't decided - what a shame about the bride I think I would be mortified if that happens at our wedding, but I know what you mean about ideas :) I think wedding fairs are a great source as well

Fern: I love the vintage style dresses as well, there are some gorgeous gowns out there, are you planning to go dress shopping soon? I can post you a pic of my dress but it's not very vintage lol

blackberry 050.jpg

blackberry 051.jpg

blackberry 052.jpg

ooh your dress is beautiful!

this is the one i tried on and fell in love with..

I LOVE that website too!

lol, i wish. That dress try was straight after work.. i was looking SO tired.

I LOVE that dress so much. It was so darn beautiful.

If its still there end of next year (which lady in store seems to thnk so) im gunna buy it anyways, when it comes into sale. Its been very popular so they will continue selling for another year. Its £825 though, so im hoping if i get it in sale.. itl be cheaper!

Wedding Hairdresser booked - hooorrrrrrah!!!

And will apparently have a trial once i have all my hair accessories and then we can get the right look for the trial :)

I feel happy that certain things are now getting sorted - huzzah! x

thank you

thanks bunny lover and elle bear for your warm welcome it's really appreciated.

well it's weigh in tomorrow morning and I'm hoping to have lost but I suspect I'll stay the same :cry:
need to get my head in gear as I really can't afford weeks of no loss at all, may have to start exercising as well.
looks as if I'm getting my wii fit out tomorrow.
well off to bed now so:4633:

Back