Obsessed with creating the right diet plan

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Chiara, 23 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Chiara

Chiara Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey

Does anyone feel like this, I get totally bogged down and obsessed about eating the right foods every day.

I have this thing where is I have bread one day I can't have it the next or if I have fish one day I cant have it the next.

I don't know how to break this and if I am not perfect just end up coming off the plan.

Chiara
    X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    I don't have that exact same thing, but one thing I will share is I came to realise last year that I basically have a very obsessive personality, always have had and probably always will, and now instead of fighting it I try to deploy it to my advantage.

The only alternative (as I saw it anyway) is a life of eternal self-loathing, self-doubt and wishing to be other than I am... so I embrace my inner weirdo now and make the best uses I can of her extraordinary strength and focus! :D

If you're capable of living like that now, think of how strong and focused you could be if you learn to shift the obsession more towards making healthy and balanced choices...? :cool:

4. tranquility

tranquility Gold Member

Start Weight:
    362lb
    Current Weight:
    292.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    170lb
    Lost(%):
    69.2lb(19.12%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, controlled carbs, good nutrition and Slimpods.
    Eat what you enjoy just make it the healthiest version available.

There is some science to support not eating the same thing every day so that your body doesn't get sluggish processing the same foods day after day.

Make up a weekly menu plan and then just choose a different option each day and don't beat yourself up over it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.