obsessed with weighing

B0SC0

Mr Newbie
I think i need patches or something for this addiction...

My OH shouts at me because i (easily) get annoyed if i can't see the wait coming off me throughout the day. I just want to succeed on this Weight loss plan. I fear that if i wasn't to weigh myself 2-3 times a day then on the weekly weigh in i'd be +lbs instead of -lbs as i wouldn't see the gain and be able to correct it..

I am quite good with my syns ...

Anyone one else got this obsession or is it just me... :scale:

Hiya

You are definitely not the only one. I'm challenging myself this week, trying to get to Thursday morning without giving in. Have been known to weigh myself 5-6 times a day!!

I know it's wrong but I think I have control issues lol

My OH has been brilliant in helping me with SW. She cooks all the meals trying to use as little signs as possible.

I just like to know i'm loosing...

I take my weight on the saturday each week, and i've noticed i don't tend to loose any weight for the first 3-4 days after words.. the on days 5-7 it is noticeable on the scales...

always that fear i'm going put on weight or STS (which isn't a bad as its not a gain)..

Yup me too !!! I weigh myself each morning (at one point I even weighed myself each time I went to the loo.) and often on an evening too.
We were talking about this in group tonight and have set myself a challenge to not weigh myself at home this week - eek not sure I can manage it, need to hide my scales.
The problem with serial weighing is weight fluctuates each day anyway and they say that if you have gone up, then you'll just say, stuff it I might as well have that extra choc bar etc, or if lost well I may as well have that anyway as can afford more syns etc etc. I never thought that of course !!!!

I weigh every morning and before dinner
I expect my weight to increase during the day
For me it's damage control
If I have had weekend treat - and I do it rather well lol, the increase hits Monday and I optimise big time, and for me it can work
For example big weekend treat, family BBQ extra treat, hubby's b/day full Indian treat - yes I have enjoyed.
Now at plus 2 I am being a very good girl.

Hi i weigh myself everyday aswell. For me it is like a control thing especially when i have had a bad few days as i really i am terrified to put on the weight i have lost so far because i know that will push me over the edge this time x

I used to weigh myself each evening at the same time as my weigh in on a monday eveong just to see how I was going, and to keep an an eye on whether I had lost or gained. :sigh:

I became a bit obsesive about it and starting weighing morning and evening. Now my scales are in the cupboard and have not weighed myself at all this week.
My worst thing is I can be good all week, come the weekend I go a bit haywire and feel like I'm putting the weight back on I lost at the beginning of the week.

I have been put on a S.A.S plan as my weight has plateaued and not lost for 3 weeks.
But I've got to persist with it, only 1 1/2lb to go to my 3 stone award (but has been the same for the last 3 weeks).

Will resolve to keep the scales locked away.

I am the same I get worried if I don't keep weighing myself that I will put on weight. My hubby even has to hide the scales x

I am another one who is on and off the scales but only during the night when I go for a tiddle and that can be 3 or 4 times in a night when I am on green days which is most of the time.

I'm another member of the scales addiction society, I weigh first thing every morning, and last thing at night.

Sometimes, I feel it helps, but other times, like when I weigh heavier in the morning than I had the previous night, I get really peed off!

The battery ran out yesterday morning, and sensibly I should have not replaced it, but no, straight to Tesco I went!

I used to be like that. My weight doesn't show until my WI date though xx

Im the same.. i don't see any WL until the thursday.. then seem to loose another lb or two on the Saturday morning.

I'm another member of the scales addiction society, I weigh first thing every morning, and last thing at night.

Sometimes, I feel it helps, but other times, like when I weigh heavier in the morning than I had the previous night, I get really peed off!

The battery ran out yesterday morning, and sensibly I should have not replaced it, but no, straight to Tesco I went!

*Must go buy more Batteries before mine goes flat*

My name is Sam and I am a scales addict :( I have got to stop, I am getting worse (weighing everytime I go to the loo) I can't seem to be able to stop myself. No chance of being able to hide the scales as it's not just me that uses them

I am very proud of myself and have not weighed myself since weigh-in on tuesday, I have moved my scales away from the bathroom, i am tempted for a sneaky peak but will try and resist.

I had a mini medical at work today and did height and weight, am gutted to find out that I am 2" shorter than I thought I was, can't believe it alters my BMI as much as it did:cry:

I totally understand this. I'm verging on compulsive. No, I'm actually compulsive. It started as every day. Then progressed to every day and night. Then it got really bad and was everytime I went into the bathroom (before AND after) and now, it's every single time I go upstairs even if the last time was 20 minutes before. If I've been out for the day or at work or even just to the supermarket, the second I get in I'm straight upstairs. Regardless of the time of day, the clothes I'm wearing.

The worst thing is the scales I'm using are mechanical, older than I am, don't show the slightest of difference and are about 4lbs out from my group scales.

I need Therapy, don't I?! I know it's ridiculous and I don't pay any attention to it but it's such a habit now, I can't stop. :)

I am normally pretty good, but I will admit to weighing myself a day early this week :rolleyes:

I have fallen spectacularly off the wagon over the past couple of weeks on holiday and just needed to "check" and make sure I've lost at least something after being pretty much back on plan since Monday and before my official weigh in tomorrow............ I have :) but not a lot :sigh:

AAARRHH, I have just got back from a lovely day out with my hubby and whats the first thing I do, jump on the scales.

I don't know why mine never weigh the same as class and as I didn't weigh myself last week I have no idea what I should be weighing anyway.

Big kick up the ar*e for me.

Must not do it again.

HelsAngel said:
I totally understand this. I'm verging on compulsive. No, I'm actually compulsive. It started as every day. Then progressed to every day and night. Then it got really bad and was everytime I went into the bathroom (before AND after) and now, it's every single time I go upstairs even if the last time was 20 minutes before. If I've been out for the day or at work or even just to the supermarket, the second I get in I'm straight upstairs. Regardless of the time of day, the clothes I'm wearing.

The worst thing is the scales I'm using are mechanical, older than I am, don't show the slightest of difference and are about 4lbs out from my group scales.

I need Therapy, don't I?! I know it's ridiculous and I don't pay any attention to it but it's such a habit now, I can't stop. :)

Just to quote myself, I say I don't pay any attention to it. That is a complete lie because I've been in tears today because they showed a gain all week. I dreamt last night that I'd put on 2 stone over night. I've been in a miserable grump for 2 days convinced that I'd gained. Had WI tonight and I've lost 2lbs. I'm delighted and the second I got home from group, the crappy scales went in the shed. I'm also going to buy myself something to the value of £15 to make sure I don't go and buy a new set!

Start a scales amnesty, anyone?

I do this too! I weigh myself every morning and don't think I'll be able to stop! I do take it with a pinch of salt though and I do realise I'm not going to lose a pound a day(!) but I would like to think that if it was looking like I was putting weight ON then I would have a really really strict day lol!
I am worrying about my next weigh-in on monday though as I am at a wedding tomorrow and don't know what's on the menu!

Well I am moving next week, and am determined that I will not buy myself any scales. I cannot weigh myself then! I am not sure why but the idea of no scales is worrying me slightly

Well I have gone 3 days without weighing myself :) Have been tempted but didn't give in.

(I was weighed in a mini medical at work yesterday and was ok with weight, with jeans and just after lunch) :D:D

Back