Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Obsessed!

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by MaisieMoodle, 19 February 2011 Social URL.

1. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    Now I've got my head back in the right place I'm finding that I'm more than a little obsessed with the whole thing :eek:

I'm thinking about food/diets/exercise from the minute I get up. I'm spending hours each day browsing the boards here (luckily I work from home, but every time my work phone goes I'm tutting because it's interrupting my reading!) and H has told me I'm becoming a diet bore :rolleyes:

The thing is with me, I'm an all or nothing kind of person. I only seem to know 2 ways of eating: either "good" or stuffing my face with crap all day :eek: and when my head is in the right place, like now, I feel like nothing can stop me. Which is good obviously, but I just wish I could be a little less obsessed about the whole thing.........

:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pcos

pcos Member

Yeah me to I get it. I'm also all or nothing to and I'm a perfectionist as well which is just so bad I even take things to heart and wen I do I get so obsessed with dieting/exercising and bingeing to. which wen I am good I am very good but wen I am bad it's a slow spiral down to bingeing I new I had a problem because by this time I was buying things and being secretive about it and hide food in my room generally felt broken because I was putting weight on even more. Then my self confidence and self worth was just as bad. Even now that I am on Cambridge diet and lost weight on this I'm still bingeing and I'm trying so hard to not but I can't so I went to the docs and told them what'd happened and I have been told I have bulimia nervousa without the perjing I don't want to put this weight back on wen I get to my healthy weight for my height 8st 7lbs

4. Wannabeaminime

Wannabeaminime Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(30.77%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Im the same hun. I can never find a healthy medium. Ive not been on the forum for about a week but really need to get back in the game and sort myself out.
    Good luck
    x

5. pcos

pcos Member

What diets have u done? if you don't mine me asking

6. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    Weight watchers,
    Slimming World
    Atkins
    Some stupid juice thing...... lasted about 6 hours and was starving
    Special K - again, didn't even make it through 1 day!

What I've found works best for me is just plain healthy eating, just eating "better", plenty of fruit and veg and the odd treat when I feel like it :)

Pcos - I admire anyone who can do the VLCD option, it must be really hard.

7. pcos

pcos Member

Thanks maisiemoodle :)
    you know I have been wanting to be slim for a long time and I was proper slim wen I was 20 yrs old I could fit into size 10 clothes now that I am 30 yrs old I'm wearing size 14 but more 12 clothes I should b happy but I'm not and it tears me up that I'm not happy I binged again and I know I'm gonna pay for it in exercise an hour more and tomorrow an hour. So hard :(

8. Fulltum

Fulltum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.2%)
    Diet:
    Paleo/Primal
    I understand completely where you are coming from and have spent most of my life either being 100% good or just stuffing myself silly :cry:

In 2008 I did cambridge diet and lost 7 1/2 stone in 6 months and got to target, I started off really well on the maintainence but then my old ways started creeping in and I would sneak an extra apple or a 2nd bowl of porridge and thought I could get away with it as it was healthy foods, I then fell pregnant with twins and used it as an excuse to just eat and eat and regained 5 stone :cry:
    I have spent the last 2 years doing well on a diet and losing a couple of stone and then the bingeing starts and Im back to square one!

I read Allen Carr no more diets after using his book to stop smoking and it has really changed my view of food, I know its still early days as Im only 3 weeks in but I feel like I have a much stronger chance to beat my food addiction now :D

9. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    Awww, pcos don't be too hard on yourself <hug> Today is a new day as they say :)

Fulltum, it actually really worries me..... will I keep it off this time? More like HOW will I keep it off this time? I can't keep going on like this; diet, lose weight, eat like pig, gain weight, diet, lose weight..... etc etc.... it's no good :sigh:

10. pcos

pcos Member

Thanks maisiemoodle. I to wonder about that "can I ever keep the weight off"? which I'm so scared of putting this whole weight back on.

11. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    I'm thinking ahead to how I can keep the weight off...... a woman I know has just lost a load of weight and she's now still "dieting" Monday - Friday but then at the weekend she eats what she wants for the 2 days. Wondering if I could do that :confused: It's having the willpower to still be "good" for the 5 days a week........ :eek:

12. pcos

pcos Member

Exactly :(

13. hippychicken

hippychicken Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating for life
    Hello just wanted to say I know exactly how u feel I'm the same I've become a little obsessed but its working for me at moment so I'm running with it! I've cut out any processed food chocolate crips cakes etc been doing it 3 and half weeks so far 10 lb gone! then after about 6 months I'm going to eat what I want at weekends like someone has said and is going to b careful what I eat in week, I have gone down 4 dress sizes with lighter life few years ago ended up putting weight back on plus stone, I've finally excepted I have issues with food and have to deal with it and not bury my head in sand!

14. pcos

pcos Member

Hi hippychicken
    I wish I can do that but I know I can't I would bingening :(

15. hippychicken

hippychicken Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating for life
    I haven't tried yet but I really hope after the feeling of being thinner will make me it is at moment working :)

16. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    May 2008 - 14 Stone
    December 2008 - 8 Stone
    May 2009 - 13 Stone
    August 2010 - 7 Stone
    February 2011 - 10.5 Stone

I am in the same boat. This time is the third and my final time. This time is going to be third time lucky. I am going to get to goal and stay there.

17. pcos

pcos Member

You will get lil miss sunshine :) hopeful we all get there as long we don't listen to that voice that sabotages us from getting to our goal weight. mine is working overtime :(
    x

18. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm so pleased I stumbled across this thread as a newbie here as it has made me feel I'm not alone in how I've been feeling. My weight has gone up and down and up again all my life; I have issues with food and self image due to a past relationship and I am nearly always thinking or stressing about my weight.

Now I am trying to be chilled about it and to make it part of my everyday life, not something that is a big deal or a big thing. That's why I've ditched slimming world; I am fed up of counting and adding up syns, not being able to have a glass of milk because I had milk on my cereal etc. I am just having 3 healthy meals a day, healthy snacks, limited treats if I fancy them and increasing exercise to 4-5 times a week.

Here's to hoping it works.

19. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

I can totally identify with that.... It takes over your life....I'm trying to chill more too . X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.