Obsessed!!

Hayley809

I started back to SW for the new year! I'd previously lost 3 stone but put just under 1 1/2 back on after a bad 12 months.

I'm so motivated and determined that I almost feel like I'm getting a bit obsessed!

For instance, I had a couple of tiny biscuits at work on Wednesday and a little piece of chocolate from leftover Xmas goodies. Even though I didn't know exact syns, I looked for similar items on 'syns on the go' and even at the highest guess I wasn't over my daily syns....so why do I feel I failed on that day? It's madness and it makes me feel like I've not done well this week!

Anyone else do crazy things like this? Am sure I'll settle back in to it soon...lost 5.5lb in my first week back so I know I'm on the right track :)

X

I think it's ok to be a bit obsessive. You have to be if you want it to work and if you've just started on it again after a gain then you know you have to be strict with yourself in order for it to work. Do you keep a diary? I religiously record my Syns as I eat them so eventhough I feel like I've been naughty, I make myself feel a little better seeing it in black and white that I'be stayed within my limits!

I don't keep a diary - I suppose that's something I should make an effort to do. I think you're right though, I've been so out of control recently that I need to be a little bit obsessive but also recognise that syns are ok when they're in plan!! :)

I find the diary so helpful. I fill it out online and when you write everything down and see you still have kept within your Syns it is very motivating! Sounds like you've made great progress so far so keep up the good work. I know it's hard regaining some of what you've lost but it's all about picking yourself up again!! xx

I find that I get a bit obsessive too - I weigh everyday as well which is terrible!

I might start a diary in the other section! :)

I'm a serial weigher too and I so know better but I can't help myself!!!! Lol :)

I think I'm a tad obessed too, although I think of it as "focused"!

My mum tested me yesterday on random things in her cupboard and I could list the syn values of pretty much everything off the top of my head! Saddo eh?! :D

missblonde said:
I think I'm a tad obessed too, although I think of it as "focused"!

My mum tested me yesterday on random things in her cupboard and I could list the syn values of pretty much everything off the top of my head! Saddo eh?! :D

No not at all! I like that control and I hate not being able to find the syns of things!!!

Well, I've started off my diary in the diary section now so we'll see if that helps me! :)

No not at all! I like that control and I hate not being able to find the syns of things!!!

Well, I've started off my diary in the diary section now so we'll see if that helps me! :)

I think it will definitely help!

Back