Obsessing Over Food

dreamslim

Silver Member
So, I've given up caffeine, this is day 7. The first 3 days I struggled with withdrawal then had 2 days where I was fine but yesterday and today I have been obsessed with food. I assume it's my body craving foods that would give me the fake energy that caffeine does (ie high sugar foods).

Had 2 Hi-Fi Light bars (HEB) and an apple for brekkie, 15 Olives as a snack (2 syns)
I'm having a yogurt and granola (4 syns) for lunch as well as tuna and primula cheese (HEA) on toast (HEB) so I'm hoping that'll do the trick. Then got diet coke steak (caffeine free of course) and veg for tea.

Going for a red day today btw as I want the extra HEB and might grate some cheese over the steak.

Any other ideas? Or does anyone see any immediate problems with this day?

It looks fine, although my first thought was that it didn't look like a whole lot of food (I'm a hungry sort, though) and that your breakfast would probably have made me hungrier - I find the fake sweetness of the hi-fi lights, coupled with the fact that they're not terribly substantial actually leads me to wanting to eat more, because the sweetness prepares my body for more calories. I know not everyone's affected that way by things with sweetner in them but there are a reasonable number of peer reviewed studies out there that seem to suggest that there might be a causal link between fake sweet and over-consumption so that's worth bearing in mind (could you have something like bran flakes, ff greek or plain yogurt and your apple, chopped up for breakfast one day to see if it helped?).

Good luck with the caffiene removal - I'm in the process of trying to cut it down right now and it is HARD!

Hi

I found I had to up my portions when I was weaning my 5 a day habit. I had to go for big brekkies like porridge, snacks - banana and lunchs like a huge jacket with beans and salad. The diet coke suppressed my appetite so I had to eat things that would really keep my going. Oh and driking gallons of water and sf sqaush as again the coke didn't make me feel thirsty - helped with the hunger too.

choccybuttons said:
Hi

I found I had to up my portions when I was weaning my 5 a day habit. I had to go for big brekkies like porridge, snacks - banana and lunchs like a huge jacket with beans and salad. The diet coke suppressed my appetite so I had to eat things that would really keep my going. Oh and driking gallons of water and sf sqaush as again the coke didn't make me feel thirsty - helped with the hunger too.

I hadn't thought of diet coke previously suppressing my appetite. That's a good point. I haven't been so bad today, less snacking but I was in uni so that does tend to be different. Thanks. Xx

vanilla_cupcake said:
Hi Dreamslim, all food diaries need to be posted in the food diary section :)

It wasn't strictly speaking supposed to be a food diary, I have one in the food diary sections. Just wanted some advice re: the caffeine withdrawal and whether that could be affecting my hunger/random food cravings. I knew though if I said about being hungry all the time someone would suggest I post my food for the day, so saved a step. :)

wenchie said:
It looks fine, although my first thought was that it didn't look like a whole lot of food (I'm a hungry sort, though) and that your breakfast would probably have made me hungrier - I find the fake sweetness of the hi-fi lights, coupled with the fact that they're not terribly substantial actually leads me to wanting to eat more, because the sweetness prepares my body for more calories. I know not everyone's affected that way by things with sweetner in them but there are a reasonable number of peer reviewed studies out there that seem to suggest that there might be a causal link between fake sweet and over-consumption so that's worth bearing in mind (could you have something like bran flakes, ff greek or plain yogurt and your apple, chopped up for breakfast one day to see if it helped?).

Good luck with the caffiene removal - I'm in the process of trying to cut it down right now and it is HARD!

I don't THINK I have the sweetener problem as I tend to have quite a lot with diet coke and yogurts and hifi bars but it's defo a point to bear in mind. I'm a bit lazy with breakfast so tend to have grab and go type things such as toast rather than cereal. Haha, lazy I know. :) but if it carries on being a problem I will definitely try a new breakfast. Thanks. Xx

Back