Obsessive weighing

joanna25

Silver Member
I am a massive obsessive weigher and this isnt my first time on slimming world. It is my first time back on for ages though. Anyway, I've had 3 100% days (on day 4 now) and done some body magic, however today I've put half a pound on!!! What's that all about?!!

I'm exactly the same. As said weight fluctuates during the day, your scales may be rubbish (like mine). I'm a fine one to preach about this but have you tried putting your scales away? I have (but only lasted a few days - its like an addiction)

I am a massive obsessive weigher and this isnt my first time on slimming world. It is my first time back on for ages though. Anyway, I've had 3 100% days (on day 4 now) and done some body magic, however today I've put half a pound on!!! What's that all about?!!
I'm doing SW and lost over 2 stone - I don't have a scales in the house and would WI at the chemist every Sunday morning but for the summer was at my other halfs a lot and was on the scales constantly. Everytime I had what I thought was an undeserved couple of pounds on I'd start to justify having a couple of glasses of wine as I hadn't used all my syns for the week & what the hell if I'd already gained anyway - this has meant I have only lost 2lb in 5/6 weeks. And I exercise an hour a day 5 days a week at least. Those scales seriously sabotage! Put them away (have a sneaky peak the night before WI if you must but don't fall into the trap I did!)
So started again Monday and no scales until Sunday for me. Good Luck.

me and my OH are awful for this however he is worse than me. He checks breakfast lunch and dinner! Our scales are definitely different to the WI ones but I still can't resist. Definitely going to have to throw them out soon!

Aww this is brilliant to know it's not just me! :) thanks girls x

I don't allow myself to have scales while I am tryin to lose weight! Because I know I wouldn't be able to resist weighing myself all the time and I know with my personality if I'd seen that I'd put on/maintained I'd think ahhhh f**k it.... and even if I'd of seen that I'd lost 4lbs and I was only halfway through I'd try and justify having more syns!

Personally I don't ever think its a good idea to weigh yourself more than once a week while trying to lose weight

x

I agree with you! It really is best not to weigh between official S W weigh in. I also realise though for some people it is an obsession and difficult to control. Had I done it one my loss journey it would have messed up my head completely. Now I am at target I do weigh in between group just to see where I am to keep within the target band. I dont want to start paying again. :)

I don't see weighing myself every morning as a problem it helps me keep in control if I stayed the same it's a good thing if Iv gained I can look back on the day previous n see right what did I do rong so I don't do it again and so on. If I lose weight then bonus! Lol! Doubt I will this week as I'm full of cold n can't go running n swimming like my norm :( x

I think it depends what sort of person you are tbh. I know if it showed a gain and I had been 100% on plan it would have really got me down and I may well have thought *** it for the day, or even week. Everyone is different though.

Back