obvious question, probably has already been asked..

meoww

Silver Member
hey, Im a JUDDD noobie here;
I just wondered, what everyone actually eats on their DD ?
Im a little bit out of touch with calorie counting, especially as I work in a bakery where I would just slice some bread to eat and part of me thinks, keep well away but I could cut a very small piece if I wanted some.

but just a general list of things you eat, amounts etc on your DDs would be great to hear.

I also think the JUDDD section of the forum needs bumping up the list as its rather popular here! -any moderators around?

I don't think moderators have ever needed to post here, we are a well behaved bunch in our little corner of minimins lol Not sure if they even know we are here ha ha .
Anyway welcome to our little corner, in answer to your question, ummmm anything low cal really, it may help to have a look at some diaries as some of us post what we eat on DD s, Ruth usually gets a lot for her cals, Its up to you how you want to spread them eg all in one meal little bits through the day etc.
Today I am on a DD and have had
150 cals Milk allowance (400mls skimmed milk approx)
87 cals dutch crispbakes x 3
55 cals philly potion pot
166 pasta pot

Total 458 cals

Its important not to guess on DD s as there is such a small margin for error so your probably best with foods that you know the cals of.
There is a 100 cal thread somewhere which lists what foods are around that mark, that would be helpful to you, think fruit , low fat yogs, crispbreads or diet meals if you are having one meal , hope this helped a bit x

Today, I've had:

S&S shake
2 rice cakes
2 laughing cow cheese triangles
seasonal baby leaf salad
cucumber
chicken breast
broccoli
sugar free jelly
50ml semi skimmed milk

Total 498 cals

Have been very strict with weighing things such as salad, veg and chicken and use my fitness pal as a checker and to record too.

HTH

Thank you :] it seems a nice little corner! I suppose I was thinking that more people should know about this type of diet but maybe the episode of horizon will inform people. I think we need new ways of eating as the old fashioned 'healthy diet and exercise' thing just doesn't quite work.
Its nice to see some foods, I think my problem will be making sure I spread it throughout the day as being left last thing at night hungry will not be nice!
Does anyone drink green tea? when I did Lighterlife green tea made me feel ill on a fairly empty stomach.

I think we should get posting more recipes on the DD recipe forum =)

Anything low cal works well.

Slim a soups
crackerbread/ryvitas
extra low fat phili (an eighth of the tub is about 30 cals)
nimble (52 cals each!)
skimmed milk
lean meats (in moderation)
fish
sf juice/fizzy
sf jelly!

When I'm shopping I just look for stuff thats lower than 100 calories. =)

I'm thinking of getting the Hairy Biker's new book. It might have some decent low cal meals. I like one pot slow cooker meals whenever poss!

Back