October mini challenge

Hi all,

Wd to eveyone so far this challenge is going really well, great idea!

Well i've already bought myself a size 16 dress for my xmas party but, i'm getting a little worried i won't fit in it, as 18's are becoming very comfy at the mo! Not sure whether to get a 14 but i really don't think i will be in a 14 by then so torn!! It cost me a fortune so don't want to get stuck with a dress i can't wear!!

Oh the probs associated with weightloss!
lol
xxx

hi thinkthincd!

can't you get it taken in if it is too big? i bought some trousers a week ago and now i can take them on and off without undoing them!!! think i will have to have them taken in as i can't afford any more!!! getting a week's wear out of clothes is becoming a pain but it's also making me happy!!!! x

hi ladies, hope you are all doing ok !!

I found out the hard way today the downside to losing weight !!! my work trousers are so baggy that they are too long and i tripped over them fell down the stairs!!...boo hoo!!! :cry:now i have two bruised legs and a bruised hand, not broken anything thankfully but was quite shaken and had to go into work late after a long sit down. better get back to matalan for some smaller work trousers, only bought them last week!!!

hope everyone else had a better day!!

xx

awwww lelly you poor thing! hope your not to bruised!:hug99:
have you got yourself some new trousers!...xx

LellyCD, we don't bounce so well now, having lost all that fat!!!!!
Hope the aches and pains disappear quickly. Take care.:wave_cry:

Oh deary me LellyCD - hope you are ok!

Has anyone ever had any clothes adjusted? Does it work well and is it expensive? Most of my clothes are size 14s but I really don't want to wave goodbye to some of them as I wear 1940's and 1950's vintage clothing pretty much all of the time so I would rather have them adjusted to fit my new body (hopefully in a months time) than get rid of them...

Is this possible do you know with dresses, skirts, shorts and trousers?

On another note, I am back in ketosis so I am feeling much better and happier :)

How is everyone else?
xx

hi ruth, i'm ok now thanks, just a bit of a shock!! as nibbles says not enough fat to bounce on these days...haha!

I had to have some clothes altered a some years ago and used a local lady who did, skirts, jackets and trousers for me, much cheaper than buying new stuff, look around in your local freeads/papers for someone maybe?

Hope everyone is groovy today!!

xx

Lost 3lb so half way to October target

I have lost another 3lbs this week. It is my birthday in three weeks and I plan to stop the diet completely in 2/3 weeks. I had a little chat with my CDC and we have decided that I should start ss+ this week and move on to 810 the week after. I think it will be too much of a shock to my body if I suddenly stop ss and start eating so I am going to gradually increase the food.

I plan to move on to golower for a month starting from November so that I can stay in ketosis. I feel that I still need some structure while I slowly introduce myself to portiion control and eating sensibly.

What do you all think?

hi 789, well done on your 3lbs, that's fabulous!! only 8 to go!! good luck with moving up the plans too!
my cdc advised me to do a few days of ss+ before i go to a wedding on the 31st, quite excited at the thought of having food!! bit nervous too!

hey Shazzy, i noticed you had your 1st weigh in, well done on your 11.5lbs that's absolutely fantastic!!!

Thought i'd update our list, does anybody want to add any more losses here?
madameruthybaby -12lbs lost 1lbs so far (11lbs to go)
soontobelittlegem -14lbs lost 3lbs so far (11lbs to go)
lellycd -10lbs – lost 7lbs so far (3lbs to go)
Nibbles - 12lbs – lost 8lbs so far (4lbs to go)
sevenate9 -16lbs - lost 8lbs so far (8lbs to go)
smurf - 16lbs - lost 8lbs so far (8lbs to go)
Cissie – 12lbs – lost 6lbs so far
Thinkthincd - 13lbs - lost 4lbs so far (9lbs to go)
Shazzy – 14lbs - lost 11.5lbs so far (2.5lbs to go)
Nicii – 16lbs lost 8lbs so far (8lbs to go)
Duchess Wobbles –7lbs

Dawnd - 8lbs
Cicerone – 12lbs -
Anisah -16 lbs -
Lilv - 14lbs -
tillyfloss -14lbs

How's our little gang doing? hope everyone is ok?

xx

Last edited:
How's our little gang doing? hope everyone is ok?
xx
Another day behind me.
Sat tonight watching niece and DH eat a take-away curry, once again i just sat and inhaled. Had banana shake for dinner.:(
Will be interesting on Tuesday, attempting to eat white fish and chicken etc. etc.
Off window shopping with niece tomorrow, as i do not want to buy clothes quite yet.
789>>When is your birthday???, mine on the 3rd, can't imagine CD on the night of the 3rd:eek:
Glad to see everyone still doing fine. Have a good Saturday all of you on the October Challenge.

Hi Lelly! I'm fine but haven't been that talkative on this thread-sorry about that!!!! Think I have signed up for so many challenges that I have lost track lol!!!

Getting weighed tomorrow so fingers crossed!!! Need to lose 3lbs to get into the 17s!!! And that will also put me at Obese instead of Very Obese! Double yay!!!!

Hope I do it! xxx

Mine is on the Friday of the same week on the 7th. So your one must be on the Monday. I am going to eat on my birthday as I want it to be the beginning of my new and improved relationship with food. The focus is on not stuffing myself and making sure that I am sensible.

I made myself a promise when I started this diet that I would not continue it after my birthday and I am going to stick to it. But as I know I still need structure and I like the feeling of ketosis I am going to move on to golower (a lot more expensive but I am not planning on doing it for that log becuase at that point I should be close to goal).

Just had to Google Golower and drooled over the dinner options and knowing that they keep the weight loss going. Fab.
Go Lower

Might consider something like that at a later date.

I move up to 810 next week and hope to do 2 weeks only on each step, before reaching the point where i wave goodbye to the CD sachets and start the disciplined part of maintenance.
Really would be a shame to put the pounds on again.:)

That's exactly what I did drool lol! I don't want to put the weight back on either so I will be taking extra steps to ensure I that I continue to lose whatever I am doing.

hi gem, nice to see you! i think the thread goes in fits n starts sometimes people are chatty and sometimes not, good luck with your weigh-in today, hope you get your 3lbs to get into the lower BMI and stones bracket!! that'll be fab!

Have fun window shopping nibbles, won't be long before you're buying too!! i can't wait to start moving up the plans, dreaming about tuna!!

hey 789, that golower plan looks luvverly!! I'm hoping that after this cd journey i won't need to look to diets anymore but will go more for the low-carb type maintenance.

have a good saturday all, i'm off to the gym now for a lazy work-out!

xxx

Can i join too? i will aim for 20lbs!:innocent0001:

Can i join too? i will aim for 20lbs!:innocent0001:
Only 19 days more for this October Challenge, which ends on the 5th Nov ( i think).

Welcome, LellyCD:) is usually our updater, but your name will definitely be added.

20lbs >>> would be fantastic, Coming in half way thru, i reckon you could be a bit easier on yourself.
When did you start CD and what have your losses been so far?

Woohoo!!! Another 4lbs off for me!!! :D xxx

didn't get into the 17s as i was actually 8lbs off not three lol!!!! silly me! i will do it next time! x

claireg1977-i have added you on :)

madameruthybaby -12lbs
lost 1lbs so far (11lbs to go)

soontobelittlegem -14lbs lost 8lbs so far (6lbs to go)
lellycd -10lbs – lost 7lbs so far (3lbs to go)
Nibbles - 12lbs – lost 8lbs so far (4lbs to go)
sevenate9 -16lbs - lost 8lbs so far (8lbs to go)
smurf - 16lbs - lost 8lbs so far (8lbs to go)
Cissie – 12lbs – lost 6lbs so far
Thinkthincd - 13lbs - lost 4lbs so far (9lbs to go)
Shazzy – 14lbs - lost 11.5lbs so far (2.5lbs to go)
Nicii – 16lbs lost 8lbs so far (8lbs to go)
Duchess Wobbles –7lbs

Dawnd - 8lbs
Cicerone – 12lbs -
Anisah -16 lbs -
Lilv - 14lbs -
tillyfloss -14lbs
claireg1977 - 20lbs

Last edited:
well done Gem!!! that's fabulous and more than needed for the new bracket, bet you are chuffed with that!!

Back from my very lazy gym visit, didn't manage to get past the cafe and drank a bottle of water whilst the kids did their tennis lessons...oh well there's always next week, booked a tennis court for next week so i have to do something then.

Popped to tesco and found some marigold reduced salt boullion, i read on here that it was ok to have, i hope i've got that right??! just had a cup and it's sooo nice what a lovely change from coffee and water. does anyone know if i should limit to one cup a day?

xx

well done gem for your fantastic loss!! hope you feel pleased with yourself!...xx

Back