Odd comments from friend and OH

RaeB

I know we've discussed this previously but here is my story. A couple of years ago, I managed to get to goal with lighter life. I was barely touching the top BMI (I carry my weight well!) and was a healthy looking size 12.

So back again (but that's another story) and have lost c.21lbs since 1 Jan. Friend tells me on Friday that I look good now, shouldn't lose any more and that last time I looked 'gaunt'...and my OH confirms that yes I did indeed look gaunt. WTF! I was still teetering on being overweight and it's not like I dropped to a size 8. I no longer had a melon face folks, those were probably cheekbones that you spotted!

But it just goes to show how people see you and get used to you the way you are. Anyhow, being a 14/16 now, I have more to go and will run the risk of more negative comments. Anyone who met me for the first time wouldn't criticise so that is what I will concentrate on. I do remember a slight 'turkey' neck though, but I guess I'll have to live with it.

And yes, friend does want to lose a stone!

I'm getting this I'm being told I looked awful and ill at target last time at a size 10. I've a small frame and being slim suits me. They usually start on at me at a 14 which is what I am now. Personally I'd say keep going until you are happy it's your life and your body and you are doing this for yourself.

It makes me more stubborn to stick with it to show them all I can do it and nothing they can say will put me off.

X

When YOU r happy about the way u look.. and feel about urself....thats when its time 2 stop dieting... Well done on ur losses so far.

It's so weird how people get used to you. I used to work in a shop with a taxi firm over the road- I'd finish each night and go in for a taxi. The woman in there every night worse glasses. One day she wasn't wearing them, obviously gone for lenses, but she looked so different. I think I prefered her look before! I'm sure she felt better but it was so weird seeing her looking so different.

It will be weird for my family, I won't see them now till July (maybe mum will visit but she knows my losses so far, no one else knows I'm dieting). I want to step off the train and they don't recognise me! But i hope they don't think I look gaunt or anything..... they've never ever seen me thin, I was a fat kid and size 24 at secondary school.

Awww wow your gonna shock them mini when I did diet before everyone thought my husband (now ex husband) had a new woman lol

So roll on the new us!!!

I get really down about this.... I have always carried my weight well so to say, and when i was 18 and clubbing (wearing nothing more than a size 8 furry bra and hot pants lol) i was 10 stone, which for my height made me overweight on my bmi.... over the years i went upto my heaviest at 18stone when pregnant, and then the most i ever got down to ever was 11st 9lbs and in a size 12 bottoms, and size 10 top but i was still in the obese catagory. but everyone said i looked too skinny,, I think i'm just going to get down to that again and then re-look at things, I refuse to go on my bmi, as i should be about 9 stone, and i haven't been that since i was about 9yrs lol

Sometimes people say things because they are jealous, your friend might be jel because you are or will be skinny than her and your hub might be scared you are going to run off with a ripped model but dont let either of them knock your confidence or your motivation. Get to a weight where you feel good and look good, we all know our own bodies better than any one so you go for it.

yes i agree with donjon, this is why i think my so called friend is not supportive of me at all telling me i looked ill and drawn. strange how some people are oh well on wards we go x

people dont like change , so when you change it freaks them out , they like the old you , like a confortable pair of slippers lol

well they will just have to get used to it

having been overweight all through my 30s i guess ive managed to keep a young looking face

now that im losing weight im starting to see a neck im not used to which is really scary actually , i supposed i have to swap a double chin for a turkey neck , grrrr

Arn't people strange ! sometimes I think jealousy does play a role in it.
As long as you are happy that is all that matters !
xxx

I'm worried about how I'll look! I'm 29 and no one believes me, well I'm big with a chubby face so no wrinkles really! I get ID'd often. Not sure if I'm ready to look my age.... I certainly don't feel it, tonight I'm building Lego Harry Potter!

Mini you'll still look young when your at target I too am lucky I look about 28 when I'm really 37.

I think it helps that I'm only 5'2! I do hope that my shoe size goes down, size 8 is just too large for most shops and I can't get womens trainer for love nor money. I'd love to get to size 7! Anyway my plan is to dress how I've always wanted to dress when I got to goal so I can see me in bright tights and slogan t-shirts!

It's all about feeling comfortable in your own skin. Disregard what charts and other people say - this is about how you feel and you alone.

I'd really love to get to the point where I can say 'sod it, I'm happy here!' I'd love to look in the mirror and see happy me rather than a number on a screen. Though the numbers are useful to chart!

I just looked at my chart to see what my ideal weight should be for my height and it claims i should be between 7.5 and 9.5 stone, hahahahaha not in a month of sundays. At ten stone i would be classed as overweight. Well excuse me at ten stone I would be classed as anorexic. I have no intention of coming down to any ridiculous amounts. I am doing it my clothes size. Comfortable 14 is my aim.

I'm aiming at overweight too. I'd need to lose another stone to be 'healthy' and it's just not happening I think.

I have no idea when to stop. I have never been small in my adult life so don't know what size I will be at different weights etc or whether I'll look gaunt. I started this diet because of my health so I said from the start that I want to end in the healthy weight range. That's a maximum of 11 stone for me. I want to give myself some room to go up and down once I get there so maybe 10 stone. My ticker goal is 9.5 stone. I just don't know how far to go! Will just have to see when I get there I guess.

you know I really think these ideal weight charts should be reviewed , i mean who decides what they should say is it N.I.C.E or some other organisation ?

They are totally unrealistic, and quite dangerous

I know they give you a range ie mine is something like 7st 3 to 8st 7 but even the upper figure is too low for my liking , its just not attainable and even if i did attain it , I would kill myself trying to stay there

I think I was maybe my ideal weight at 13, in adult life Ive always been just on the overweight then since kids MASSIVELY overweight lol !!!! Im happy at the lower end of overweight ! these charts are unrealistic to say the least x

Back