Off plan in a strange way - solution??

porkypaul

Just a quickie...

I've been in to town today, doing a bit of housework, fixing up a new light fitting, chatting etc and it got to 5:30 pm before I realised I hadn't eaten a thing :eek: - hadn't even been hungry.

I warmed up SW Spag Bol from yesterday, topped it with 28g cheese (hex/a) and had a SW lite bar thing (hex/b) for pudding. It's now half-nine, I'm not hungry and haven't had any sins...

What should one do in this case? I know it's a bad thing not to eat and not to have sins so I'm a bit concerned...Do I 'force' myself to eat even when I'm not hungry?

I wouldn't worry about it. One day without syns isn't going to matter, perhaps you can squeeze a few extra in tomorrow if you feel the need. Lots of people save up their syns for a blow out at weekends and seem to make it work so don't worry.:)

AH ok,

Thanks Laura...

It does make me wonder if this sort of thing (not being hungry) is going to become the norm as opposed to being a rarity...Must stay in the habit of eating fruit (for breakfast) once my brain has had time to get used to being up and about for the day ;)

I didnt have any syns today either, not that I avoided them....I just didnt have a hungry day today! I know your not supposed to save your syns up, but it is Xmas at the weekend, so maybe an extra V n T wont matter!!!!!

I still really struggle with having breakfast but I know that I need to and that I have better loses when I do. I try to imagine my body as an engine that needs starting each day or it will just sit there doing nothing! Some days I might only have a yogurt or cereal bar but it's better than nothing. I keep a box of alpen lights in the car so if I've forgotten I can grab 1 and munch it when I take the children to school.

The whole hunger thing is tricky for me because I didn't ever let myself feel it before! For some reason I still get a bit stressed out when I feel it now, you'd think I'd have learned by my age that it isn't going to kill me. :giggle:

The whole hunger thing is tricky for me because I didn't ever let myself feel it before! For some reason I still get a bit stressed out when I feel it now, you'd think I'd have learned by my age that it isn't going to kill me. :giggle:

Perhaps I'm beginning to ignore 'it' without realising. Having said that, I have been drinking loads of water this past ten days or so, that may have something to do with it.

And besides, you've done so, so so brilliant thus far Laura- whenever you give advice, people (including myself) will sit up and listen :) x

Thanks Paul though I'm not sure I always give good advice! Drinking does seem to make a big difference you're right.

You could be right that you're managing to just ignore it, I suppose if we feel it and don't think of it as a bad thing then it's not a problem. Having said that, there's no need to stay hungry once we do feel it. I'm slowly learning that once I feel hungry it doesn't take much to make it go away. Rather than planning a huge feast like I used to I try and have something small just until it's gone or make myself wait until a meal time if it's not too far away.

It does make me wonder how I ever got so mixed up about hunger in the first place though. I watch someone like my husband who wouldn't dream of eating if not hungry and wonder how he does it. I hope I can get there at some point because I still struggle with it!

Back