off plan, what are the best cocktails to drink?

chinababe

Silver Member
I was wondering about which cocktails of drinks are the best to drink? I know alcohol is banned but I want to go off plan & do as little damage as possible, so I thought I'd do some research before the hols!!!!
Any ideas please?

I was wondering about which cocktails of drinks are the best to drink? I know alcohol is banned but I want to go off plan & do as little damage as possible, so I thought I'd do some research before the hols!!!!
Any ideas please?

Cocktails are all sugar but a sprirt like vodka, rum etc with diet coke is ok

Gin or Vodka and a no sugar mixer is pretty safe. I found this product called the "skinny girl margarita" that is low cal/low carb and has been a good treat mixed with Sprite zero. I also drink a dry wine (red or white) on occasion. Beer and rum seem to be really a bad choice. Keep it to two drinks max and then do two PP days afterwards :)

Gin or Vodka and a no sugar mixer is pretty safe. I found this product called the "skinny girl margarita" that is low cal/low carb and has been a good treat mixed with Sprite zero. I also drink a dry wine (red or white) on occasion. Beer and rum seem to be really a bad choice. Keep it to two drinks max and then do two PP days afterwards :)
I don't think I'll manage the 2 drink rule, going all inclusive. I'm planning on abstaining from all carbs & puddings & having a few drinks instead :)

All inclusive? You can't be gone that long :) Go wild and dance until the wee hours and don't worry about it til you return :p

China you know my holiday plan...G&Ts, little to no carbs and pv daily xxx

Try and avoid sugary juices, China. Something like a martini is a better option than a, for instance, pina colada!

Have fun :D

P x

Do you think you'll be able to ask them to make your drinks without sugar? If you take a bunch of sweetener sachets with you (I nick 'em from coffee shops sometimes haha!) you can add that yourself and minimise damage a bit.... I used to do that when I was away and drinking waaaaay too many cocktails. Once I figured out this trick it was fine and I'd actually lost weight by the time I got home! It works best with things like margaritas and mojitos which are a spirit plus lime juice and fizzy water, rather than fruit juices.

Have fun!

Jx

If you take a bunch of sweetener sachets with you (I nick 'em from coffee shops sometimes haha!) you can add that yourself and minimise damage a bit....

Haha I do that all the time, pinching sweet n low for my yoghurt! Sometimes I buy a cup of tea just to go in & steal some sweetener, I'm the weird one that's always hovering by the milk stuffing pink sachets in her handbag...!

In the slimming world mag this month they did piña colada.... Malibu with diet lilt. Still to try it but I thought it would make a change from vodka coke .

Haha I do that all the time, pinching sweet n low for my yoghurt! Sometimes I buy a cup of tea just to go in & steal some sweetener, I'm the weird one that's always hovering by the milk stuffing pink sachets in her handbag...!

Haha, this is so me! When I started Dukan I was a real stevia purist, but then entered a period of extreme economising so turned to the pink sachets. 10 sachets needed for 4 days worth of muffins, incidentally!

Back