Off topic - choc shakes

babystar31

Gold Member
This is one for u Divster! The mouldy smell with the choc shakes? Well it appears not only exante have this problem, my pal uses the superdrugs own brand meal replacement shakes, she was making one up here and it was stinking lol! Absolutely scrummy tho! I wonder what does it?

I actually think they smell of chocolate ready brek so it really gets me salivating and enjoying them...how sad am i!!!!

haha! Oh i hate the smell of the powder but the choc is my fave in flavour once its made up so guess ill have to put up with it lol x

Nose clip????

CB027636.jpg

I bought some shakers when I first started, they had been left in the cupboard with the lids closed. When I was tidying my stash up the other day I opened them...omg they stank of the mouldy smell. Put them in the dishwasher on hot, and opened door when it had finished a few hours later.....the dishwasher stank! Bare in mind these shakers hadnt been used for a few weeks!

Last night I tried a choc shake, cold this time and the smell wasnt as bad!

What I want to know though, what are green bits in the other shakes, look in your glass after you finish ;)

Ive seen the green bits in the bars!

And the smell from the choc shake, blarfg!

I had exactly the same problem with my shaker. Blarfg blarfg...

I can't smell the smell unless I purposely get up close and sniff, if I'm just making them without purposely doing it I can't smell it at all?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'd noticed the green bits too! The last VLCD I did had black bits in theirs and they were gross! I find I have to hot wash my shakers after each use and then once a week a pop a baby sterilising tablet or some liquid in the shaker bottle and lid and leave it for half hour or so and it completely gets rid of the smell. (I also make sure I NEVER store them with the lids on as you are right Divster these make it so much worse!)

Hope this helps xx

Yep i always find green bits in the bottom of the glass after a strawbrry or banana shake! Yet to find any in the vanilla lol! x

Divster said:
I bought some shakers when I first started, they had been left in the cupboard with the lids closed. When I was tidying my stash up the other day I opened them...omg they stank of the mouldy smell. Put them in the dishwasher on hot, and opened door when it had finished a few hours later.....the dishwasher stank! Bare in mind these shakers hadnt been used for a few weeks!

Last night I tried a choc shake, cold this time and the smell wasnt as bad!

What I want to know though, what are green bits in the other shakes, look in your glass after you finish ;)

I noticed that!!!! I am also very very confused!!

I've noticed the green bits, but think they're greeny blue, almost like some of strange mutated chemical!
Thought it was bits from my washing up scrubber sponge thing!!!

Just had a choc shake and OH commented on the mould again. Maybe the green bits are some sort of addictive drug to keep us coming back?

Back