Off topic : heating!!

*lil*

Gold Member
Hello
My heatings gone funny. Only one radiator in the whole house works! Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?
I'm cold :-(

Thanks

My hubby says try turning up the thermostatic radiator valves. Is it the bathroom one? He says usually the bathroom or downstairs toilet etc doesnt have a thermostatic valve and that would be why. He is a plumber xx

flab-buster said:
My hubby says try turning up the thermostatic radiator valves. Is it the bathroom one? He says usually the bathroom or downstairs toilet etc doesnt have a thermostatic valve and that would be why. He is a plumber xx

Ah the only one that works is the one in the room that the combi boiler is in. All the others are stone cold :-(

I'll tell hubby to try that. Thanks xx

He said if the radiator has two valves that are identical (neither having numbers on) then thats the one with no thermostatic radiator valve so it will always be on, he says to open up the valves on all of your radiators so they are open fully. The boiler wont be on if the pressure is too low so they need to be opened. Failing that it may be an airlock but he doubts it if they have been on and okay all winter xx

Okies he's off to try it! Lol
Thank you for your help :)

No problem :) Hubby likes to help people when it comes to radiators and heating systems lol (he's always going on about valve this radiator that...)

flab-buster said:
No problem :) Hubby likes to help people when it comes to radiators and heating systems lol (he's always going on about valve this radiator that...)

Well tell him thanks x
all the radiators upstairs seem to be working now. Just working on the downstairs :)

:) he'll be glad he could help xxx

Back