oh and gherkins

I've always had pickled, what's dill? I didn't know you could get other types than pickled!

I dont know what dill is but thats always what the gherkins I buy are in lol. Except the jar I bought yesterday from sainsbury's, they are in vinegar.

I just get pickled and check they don't have sugar in. Or I get mixed pickle in Asda, it's pickled gerkin, cauliflower and onions in vinegar- not strictly on the list, well the onions aren't, but it is as low-carb altogether as just the gerkins.

Last edited:
Minimoosh you have totally confused me now lol. If you buy pickled but check they arent in vinegar, what would they be in?

So sorry! I mis-wrote, I mean't check they don't have SUGAR in, not vinegar. Obviously pickles have vinegar in! Just a typo. I've edited it now.

I've googled dill and it looks interesting, I do like to try new flavours! I've always just bought the cheapest gerkins with no sugar in, so I'll take a look for ones with dill. I also have pickled cabbage sometimes too, and my dad just told me gerkins are the same as pickled cucumbers so will try them :eek: I thought they were completely different things!

Cucumbers are the same. The ones I got have sugar in :-( I love pickled cabage too or saurkraut (sp) as is the german name :)

Gerkins and cucumbers aren't exactly the same... Same family but different. :)

And you can buy fresh dill in supermarkets - I've not really used it much myself it's common in russian and eastern euro food I think.

Back