Oh blast and bother

Hi Karion,

I think any of us would feel disappointed if something like that happened to us.

Fingers crossed that he won't be too upset.

As for your relation that is not nice to you...you said she had everything...well I don't think so for people who are happy with themselves don't need to take pot shots at another person in order to feel better about themselves.

It sounds to me like you have something she wants and most likely it is a life!

Love Mini xxx

Thinking of you both ((hugs))
Hope he is able to see it as a chance to start afresh, but i know how devestated he will be. Perhaps a shopping trip is in order ((hugs)).

Well, he's due home in 30 minutes and I'm sat here wondering how to break the news.

Not sure how he's going take it. It seems strange doesn't it, but Asperger kids seem to get so attached to these inanimate objects:confused:

He was never the same after I told him that Thomas the Tank wasn't real:rolleyes:

Oh bless him. You know there IS a 'real' thomas the tank engine somewhere... my old boss used to take his kids on holiday to a place that had a steam train 'done up' like thomas. They loved it!

Hope it went as well as it could. ((hugs))

Darling KD - I nearly cried when I read your first post. I couldn't reply last night cos I was too upset at being sneered at in public (weight un-related, another matter entirely) and I crawled inside myself - just like you did.

I agree that sometimes a sharp f off might feel like the right thing to do after the event, when the anger sets in, after the shock has worn off - but this morning I have woken up thinking that the best revenge is a good life.

We can't let these people affect us - especially when they're going about their business happy as larry!

I'm afraid that I don't think your cousin is particularly unhappy. I think she is a bully. Some people are just plain nasty. End of.

If I were you, I would draft a carefully worded email, expressing your discomfort at her repeated attempts to undermine you over the years and let her know that if there is another situation in which she feels it necessary to be cruel, then I would think it inevitable that I would have to draw a halt to our meetings.

You just don't need this sh!t, do you, babes??

You can't choose your family, but you can choose whether or not to see them.

I hope you're feeling stronger today, my love! You are a better person than her and should be damn proud of yourself!!!

lots of love

Reactions: KD
Ah - just read about the glasses!! Poor little fella - I hope he wasn't too upset, bless him!

I agree - a shopping trip is in order! For both of you!!! Get some more glasses for him and some more skinny clothes for you!!!

She was successful - you are now successful and getting attention for your weightloss achievement she isn't in the limelight you are.

Family always can cut through our defenses, don't know why that happens maybe they just know how to hit our weak spots?

What she said only made herself look small and all who were present will know that.

Linda

my old boss used to take his kids on holiday to a place that had a steam train 'done up' like thomas. They loved it!

It's in Swanage. Well one of them was. Dominick was absolutely obsessed with Thomas and we used to take him to the Swanage Railway every Christmas. On the Thomas train. It was all 'done up' with a Thomas face and all, with the Fat Controller in charge at the station :) Father Christmas used to come on on board and give out pressies. A really nice day out and he would get so excited.

It was the highlight of the year for him. This is a kid that slumped deep into depression when we took him to Disney World. No TT engine there you see:confused:

Okay, well he took it reasonably well. Nope he doesn't want any more glasses. I thought he might say that. On the suggestion he said "it's not the same...they will be different ones".

Oh yes, they may look the same (though that would be difficult to match up entirely as some were foreign), but his thinking is it would be like trying to replace his family by going on a shopping trip if anyone of us died.

He mentioned that with a "oh I see, so if I died, you'd just go and see if you could buy yourself another son":confused:

Strange...I know. It's a weird syndrome, but anyway. He got upset, but he didn't rage (not that he usually does), and more importantly, he was still talking about it when he went to sleep.

In the olden days, this would be enough to tip him over the edge into weeks of silence. He's getting older now and I'm hoping he's learning to cope with this sort of 'tragedy' and going to handle it better.

Unfortunately, he has little practice with things he loves breaking as he just doesn't break anything. Never has. He's so careful in everything he does. Cakhanded, but ultra attentive so nothing 'goes wrong'.

So, we get to live another day in harmony with a little bit of luck.

Thanks for your messages everyone. Nice to be able to come on here and spout when your alone and things happen

As he says it will not be the same replacing the glasses but there is nothing stopping him starting a new collection of perhaps something different as a fresh start?

Lets hope he is okay when he wakes up.

Ahh Karion,
breathed a sigh of relief for you when I read that he took the news well... do you think this could be a blessing in disguise, that he now won't be soo obsessed with glasses? Or maybe he will change his glass collection for something else, maybe something less breakable like matchbox? Hope the peace continues :p

isobel me darlin, big hug to you girlie:p

Bumping this up Karion, been wondering how he is now?

What a search I had looking for this post lol

LOL Geri. I have trouble finding posts too. I subscribe to them, but then people change the subject heading and now have about 100 subscribed threads that I need to search through message by message :D

Okay. He's okay. Quiet. A bit snappy. Not using glasses at all. Not even household ones. Everything is in a cup:confused:

Still...he's talking on and off, so generally speaking I would say he's taking it better than I expected.

One thing for sure. He will never put a shelf up again :( If something goes wrong, that's it as far as he's concerned.

I remember him getting a question wrong at school when he was in Yr 1. He came home and promised that he would never put his hand up again.....and he didn't. Think I've told you that before :D

Oh...the joys of having a child with a differently wired brain:rolleyes:

How's Daisy BTW? It is Daisy isn't it?

Back