Oh dear, Iv just found out Im pregnant too

Super news, congratulations - hope everything goes wonderfully well for you :D

WW doesn't really work for me unless I'm pregnant! I've had 3 babies in 3 and half years and each time I think my metabolism just accelerated as it's the only time in my life I was enjoying food (within reasonable limits) and loosing weight,
My brother is a doctor and said low carbing is ok as long as you don't go into ketosis, this isn't safe for baby.
and.....CONGRATS! enjoy your miracle xxx

Thanks everyone for all your congrats :):):)

Morning sickness is kicking in, and there is nothing I can take to ease it, ginger, sea bands etc.. dont work. :(:(

Oh the down side to pregnancy:jelous:

bm2lm xx

Thanks everyone for all your congrats :):):)

Morning sickness is kicking in, and there is nothing I can take to ease it, ginger, sea bands etc.. dont work. :(:(

bm2lm xx

Congratulations!!!

Shrinking Nicky will be able to give you good advice as she is a CDC and had her baby a couple of months ago and watched her weight all the way through.

Here is her special diary...

http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/1306-nickys-special-diary.html

Love Mini xxx

Congratulationd bm2lm, I am soo jealous! The hope of having another baby is one of the reasons I am trying to lose weight. When I was pregnant with my youngest daughter I actually lost 3.5st as I ate really healthily, none of the junk I would eat normally and Molly was 9lbs 13.5oz so it didnt affect her!!

Well done again xxx

bm2lm xx

Hi Hun, I suffered badly for the first few weeks, on old friend of mine suggested arrowroot biscuits, they worked really well, I used to eat one in bed in a morning with a glass of water and that would help me start for the day.

Congratulations hun, I know it must be shock but there is never a right time for kids!!

congratulations, what great news.

I took fertility drugs which put on loads of extra weight in the year before I finally got pregnant with Rachel but I lost it all through her pregnancy. But I didn't try. instead what I did was ask my Dr to refer me to a dietician and she wrote me down the best weekly eating plan to give everything for the baby. I followed it strictly and am the only woman I know who lost a stone during pregnancy.

please don't try and figure this out on your own, you need proper help when you're pregnant to make sure baby is OK and so are you.

Hi BM2LM!
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS!! Thought I'd chuck my tuppence worth in as no-one seems to have answered your request yet to low-carbs foods! However, I have to agree with the majority of posts advice so far. Here's my suggestion to add to the pile!
Although I understand reasons behind you still wishing to lose weight, you have to think of feeding bubba inside tum properly. There's no point in jeopordising its overall health, growth, development, just because Mum wants to continue dieting. However, there's a fab way to continue losing pounds, feeding you, feeding bubba = everyone happy bunnies!
The key is to ditch all "false carbs"! These are all the man-made/processed foods which are addictive, high in sugars/fats/salts or all of the above(!), plus - hold no nutritional value. Eg: cakes, pastries, sweets, chocs, breads, crisps, biscuits, etc.
Imagine you're living like a cave-girl! Eat things which are out the ground, off trees, in fields, or use to have a face!!! :eek:
Eat little 'n often! Will stop you feeling hungry, plus will prevent blood sugar levels going loopy!
Try (if poss!) making most of your meals so you know exactly what's gone into them! Like homemade soups, stews and casseroles. Easy peasy to make, rest of family can enjoy, plus can freeze leftovers for another day! No bulking agents, no added salt, no sweeteners, no preservatives, no flavourings - just yummy good stuff!
If you steer clear of the false-carbs, your body will still turn to fat for extra energy supply, which means you'll still lose some weight, but keep you & bubba happy 'n healthy too! A healthy balanced everyday diet, is best solution, but do still check-in with your midwife & GP to make sure everything else is ticking along fabulously!!!
You'll be fine hunny! Everything I've said above is pretty much what I advise peeps maintaining their goal weights too!
False = Flab
True = FAB!!! :giggle:

Back