Oh dear....

kazzamce

Got to do it this time!!
....have had a good few days 'off' - had a Macmillan Coffee Morning on Friday - home baking from heaven (or hell!!) and I did really well during it - but when everyone had gone?? Oh deary me! I ha more carbs in one go than I have had for 6 weeks!! An BOY did I suffer - sore tummy, bloated, wind (TMI?!) - I have no desire for carbs now - too painful! Does anyone else experience similar symptoms when they slip up? Oh well - we made £201 from the coffee morning - so not all bad - and weighed myself this morning - and only half a pound on! Dodged a bullet there I think! Back on track now - have had my oat bran porridge, a cup of coffee, roast chicken for lunch and prawn curry for tea. Onwards and downwards!!

Well done Kazza for only putting on a tiny bit! I had my brother's wedding on Friday, had family around for days beforehand and afterwards and absolutely ate some things that I haven't eaten for MONTHS! I suffered for it...but thankfully I know what to do to get back on track :) Haven't weighed myself but I will do in a few days and hopefully I'll be back where I was x

I wish there was an island we could all go to to do this for 6 months solid - with no 'life' getting in the way!!

I know! And some people do seem to manage that but I'm *was* only 4lbs from goal and how many times does your brother get married?! :) You did brilliantly and I think we should both be patted on the back for not going all out and losing it completely ;) I'm going to behave now until possibly having some dessert on Christmas day!!! x

I'm not looking forward to Saturday - having dinner at a friend's house. I have asked for it to be healthy-ish, but who knows! I can hopefully just pick at the protein and veg (I have made it a PV day).

What I'm not looking forward to is going round to my best friend's - she's part French and her diet consists mainly of cheeses and red wine - and that's what her guests have too!!! :break_diet:trying to think up strategies!!!

I'm not looking forward to Saturday - having dinner at a friend's house. I have asked for it to be healthy-ish, but who knows! I can hopefully just pick at the protein and veg (I have made it a PV day).

What I'm not looking forward to is going round to my best friend's - she's part French and her diet consists mainly of cheeses and red wine - and that's what her guests have too!!! :break_diet:trying to think up strategies!!!

How about taking some diet coke with you and say you have a "tummy bug" - don't forget to make a couple of trips to the loo so it looks genuine!!!:rolleyes:

If anyone asks why I'm not drinking I just say I'm on a detox programme because I haven't been feeling well! You'd be surprised how little people actually notice/care whether you're drinking or not although I always think people will mind or notice they rarely do :) x Best of luck with your willpower!

"Healthy-ish" isn't enough for Dukan, and I think you'll either need to be more specific OR take your own food along. I think you're at the outset of Dukan so it would be a great shame to spoil things so early. In addition, it isn't always easy to get back in the saddle afterwards.

So, please... best would be to talk to your best friend. She will understand and want to support you.

Back