Oh god, Im struggling.

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
I'm so hungry, I need food!:cry:I restarted CD after 2 weeks off for my holiday and Im on my 3rd week SS and finding it hard to resist food. I did really well until yesterday when I was at a conference at a swanky hotel where the buffet food was anything but standard and I caved in and ate.:break_diet: I thought, 'Ok its done, got it out of my system', slightly annoyed with myself but its not the end of the world and got straight back to it, lots of black coffee (my fav vice) and water. But I'm aware that I really need food and having the bars is not enough, although I love them. I only have 19lbs to get to my target and really dont want to blow it now. Any advice, straight talking to or anything that would help, I'd be grateful. I've come to far to give up now and I wont do that!

It is hard to get back into after a planned break as you have seen that the 'grass is greener' so to speak. OK, so now you stand at a crossroads - you can take the road of letting yourself eat and knowing that you may or may not reach your target, possibly taking longer than you might have, possibly not getting there at all. Or you could butch it out for the next few weeks up until Christmas, get over this sticky patch (I guess you've come out of ketosis now and have to get back in) and look at yourself on Christmas day and think 'Blimey, looking good Miss Angel' Think long term - eyes on the prize!
(and to curb cravings - minimise the damage before it explodes - have a little bit of chicken or similar that might take the edge off without too much impact)
xx

well how about if i remind you of your quote "NEW START NEW GOAL READY FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS PARTY"

Which is around the corner, dnt give in now hun.!!

Hi TrueBlueAngel

I could really understand your post. I have 20 pounds to lose in order to get to a healthy BMI. I started being naughty when I got back from Venice a couple of weeks ago - I blamed it on the fact that I was surrounded by lovely looking cake and chocolate shops.
Then yesterday evening I flipped at the idea that I couldn't eat the same as four other people at a friend's house - although she had prepared a CD meal for all of us (help yourself to chicken and salad) with a dish of potatoes for those that wanted them.

I don't know if this is in anyway applicable to you but my TOTM was late and I am sure this was affecting me. TOTM started this morning and I am calm, motivated, a different person.

I had convinced myself that I was coming off CD yesterday evening, even telling people that I was switching to Weight Watchers or Slimming World. But somehow I've managed to turn a corner and am so pleased that I have.

I like the mantra 'Think long-term, eyes on the prize'.

WW and SW are great diets, nutritionally as a nurse I understand that. But I know that I get de-motivated unless the weight comes off quickly, which is something that I got used to in last few months with CD. So, fingers crossed and with the wonderful support around me and here on minimins, I will just keep trying to stick to this diet.
Best of luck to you x

Just think, you are 20lbs away from eating permanently again. Why lengthen that amount of time by nibbling here and there, and then feeling bad and going back to SS, and then back again. Whenever I deviate from a diet, I think "geez, i've now LENGTHENED the amount of time I have to do this! I could have lost x amount this week if I'd not cheated!".

You can do this <3333

I'm so hungry, I need food!:cry:I restarted CD after 2 weeks off for my holiday and Im on my 3rd week SS and finding it hard to resist food. I did really well until yesterday when I was at a conference at a swanky hotel where the buffet food was anything but standard and I caved in and ate.:break_diet: I thought, 'Ok its done, got it out of my system', slightly annoyed with myself but its not the end of the world and got straight back to it, lots of black coffee (my fav vice) and water. But I'm aware that I really need food and having the bars is not enough, although I love them. I only have 19lbs to get to my target and really dont want to blow it now. Any advice, straight talking to or anything that would help, I'd be grateful. I've come to far to give up now and I wont do that!

Don't you dare give up now! People like you who have almost reached their goal are an inspiration to the rest of us! We need to hear about your successes to see that we too can get where you have already reached. So please don't give in, if not for your sake , then for our sakes:)

If you are hungry try drinking chicken or beef or vegetable broth, they are VERY low in calories. They help me a lot when I want to give up. Or try very low cal jello. I have some that is only 5 cla per serving, they're good too. Good luck. I know you can do it.:)As you said yourself I'd be grateful. I've come to far to give up now and I wont do that!" Follow your own great advice.

Thanks all, this really is a blip for me, a one-off. I weighed in this morning and had only lost 2lbs so that serves me right! But I am now NORMAL!! Pity I still look and feel fat but thats my personal hang-up! I will get there though and so will all of you! I will have a chat with my CDC later today and see if I need to move up a stage so I can have some food or see if I can last out a little while longer.

I bet you DO NOT look fat, even if you may feel it on certain days (we all do). I can now go into a shop and pick up a size 12 and be fairly sure it will fit but I still half expect the assistant to come over and say 'Excuse me madam, who do you think you are kidding? Put it back and get size 18 please' :D

Hi TBA,

You LOST 2 pounds, no only about that! Congrats. Remember the tortoise and the hare... and who won that race. Just keep on going... you'll get there. The little detours may slow you down, but as long as you redirect it'll be okay. Please don't beat yourself up. You are doing something about it!

MM

Losing 2lbs is great! Well done. Im back on CD tomorrow, to get back to target as I blew it when I got there. We can do it

Hey Miss Jelly Tot,

Love the icon... you did not blow it, just had an off day. As Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day."

MM

Back