• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Oh Hell! MIL making me eat! *Food refs*

My MIL has announced that the whole family is going out for a meal next Fri and basically we have to go (she asked us if we were busy that night and thinking she wanted us to watch our neice I said no :doh:).

Luckily she's sent us a copy of the menu in advance so I can at least do a little damage limitation. Most of the stuff is breaded or fried so I thought I might have the 1/2 roast chicken. What do you think? My plan is to obviously leave the sides (chips etc.) and the skin of the chicken and since it'll be on the bone I can just pick at the chicken so it isn't obvious I havn't eaten much.

So annoyed at this! Am I doing the right thing? Is Roast chicken really fatty?

:help2:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Can you have a chicken breast with no sauces and fill plate with brocolli or green salad?
I'm in similar situation, all day at wedding tomorrow and meeting long lost family for a meal on Sunday. Family meal is at Brewers Fayre, you know the play barn places, as there are quite a few children but not sure the menu will be very CD friendly. Hoping to do chicken and salad myself.I've had a couple of hiccups this week so with that and the weekend eating i'm going to be really pleased if i can just stay the same.
Good luck

Woohoo! Just checked and they also do "plain butterfly chicken" which sounds pretty safe. I'll just have to get OH to nick all my chips and i'll be ok!