Oh, it's been a while...

RubyMoss

Silver Member
Well, hello!

I guess this isn't really an introduction, it's a re-re-introduction!

I used to frequent this site, and made quite a few friends, some of which I am lucky to have remained in contact with through Facebook. A few years back, this site was the main motivation in my weight loss and I lost a good 13lbs just through this site.

Over 4 years down the line, I am now down from 183+ lbs to 146lbs and I am extremely proud of myself for that.

But I'm falling off the bandwagon. My life has changed more than I could have ever predicted and is about to change a whole lot more...

Not only did I meet a wonderful American boy who saved me from a horrendous and mentally abusive ex, but he proposed last year! More exciting than the prospect of me getting married is the fact that I am currently awaiting the outcome of a Visa application and should be moving to the United States by the end of the year!

Exciting stuff, no? Well, I sure think so. But now, it's time to get serious. One of the provisions of the Visa is that I must be married within 90 days of entering the US, so my mission now is shed those last pounds and get myself in a super-cute wedding dress!

Anyway, that's my story! Hello again, and I hope there are still some familiar faces around here!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone again - this site is such an inspirational place to be!

xoxox

Great to hear of your previous success and the role that this forum played in it, I can honestly say that this site is doing the same for me, there are some absolutely brilliant people on this site that are comforting when needed and guiding with a helpful hand when thats needed too, best of luck to you on this leg of your journey ;)

Aw, glad to hear that - and thank you!

Also, congratulations on your extremely impressive weight loss so far! :eek:

Back