Oh lord .. it's started ...

reluctant_whale

It's meaning acid indigestion / constipation combo. I have been free of this ever since I went on WW but on day 5 of induction it is really, really painful. I don't know if I am getting acid because I can't go to the loo but somethings up - I do have IBS but the symptoms have been controlled since January. This is the first "flare up" any advice for shifting it? I have my first weigh in on Wednesday and there must be a weeks worth of food stuck in my gut - that's not going to help is it :sigh:

RW xx

oh dear, i have issues with constipation too and it has taken my body a good 2 months to get used to eating like this. Do you take fibre supplements? I take psyllium husk every day in a pretty high dose (about double what they recommend) and it works well for me, taken with LOTS of water. I start feeling really yuck if i don't "go" for more than 24 hours. Surprisingly too, i found out that salt can add to constipation problems if you don't have enough of it (salt draws water into your guts which helps things move along) . Can't help too much with the acid thing as i find the opposite, i used to get really bad acid problems after my regular pizza/chinese/chips but not anymore.

Well. All I am going to say is I made the Atkins coleslaw for lunch with a slice of beef ... all is back to normal. Now I understand the power of cabbage like never before ;)! Thanks for the advice though, will certainly take into account the husk if I run out of cabbage! xx

water is sooooo important too,as the body will take
it from wherever it can,and i mean where ever it can
so one more reason to keep hydrated.:)

Cabbage is a mighty beast where that's concerned - but I find spinach to be the king of the digestive system :D

I also get IBS if I eat red meat, particularly steak, for my evening meal

Back