OH MY GOD CHOCOLATE

abz

Gold Member
I decided that since it was friday i would treat myself to a little dark chocolate.

I have bought some Tesco Finest 72% Swiss plain chocolate which had a lower carb count than Lindt etc.

Per two large squares, there are 6.1g carbs, 5.4 of which are sugars.

Now i know this is rather high, but i have broken each square into four, so i am having eight pieces of chocolate. and damn is it good!! i'd forgotten quite how good chocolate could be.

and in the midst of a craving, i think it's far better to count in the carbs into your daily allowance than throwing caution to the wind and scoffing a dairy milk :)

abz xx

and you'll never guess what? after one piece, so four mini-squares, it was so rich and yummy that i decided i had had ENOUGH. and put the other square back for later!! unheard of!!

abz xx

:copon::banghead::sick::whoopass::asskick:

Take no notice abz, i reckon he's winding you up!

Have lurked on your post sometimes, glad to see that atkins is doing the job.

Take care

Abby

Well done for resisting temptation to scoff a whole bar of Dairy Milk abz !

I decided that since it was friday i would treat myself to a little dark chocolate.

I have bought some Tesco Finest 72% Swiss plain chocolate which had a lower carb count than Lindt etc.

Per two large squares, there are 6.1g carbs, 5.4 of which are sugars.

Now i know this is rather high, but i have broken each square into four, so i am having eight pieces of chocolate. and damn is it good!! i'd forgotten quite how good chocolate could be.

and in the midst of a craving, i think it's far better to count in the carbs into your daily allowance than throwing caution to the wind and scoffing a dairy milk :)

abz xx

dribble drool :drool:

LOL Bess.

You're forgiven abz. :)

abz at least you stopped at one piece and i have to give you credit for that and a hug :hug99:

Well done Abz, you've got some will power girl!!! Just a quickie, have you tried Thorntons diabetic choc?!?! It's amazing. I've recently made this discovery. It's quite expensive at about £3-4 a pack/bag but they do a few different things - toffee, sweets, turkish delight, plain choc, milk choc bars.. Mostly polyols so not tooooo bad on the carb front, just have to watch you don't have too many to avoid the ahem 'effect'.

Mostly polyols so not tooooo bad on the carb front, just have to watch you don't have too many to avoid the ahem 'effect'.

Lol, having experienced the polyols "choccy waterfalls" effect, I can heartuly agree about avoiding too many!! :giggle:

Well done on not necking the lot Abz :0clapper:

I use the Atkins day break bars for a choccie fix, I pick off all the chocolate chips and save them until last, then let them slowly melt in the mouth. Can't tell the difference between this and 'real' dark chocolate, plus I don't feel like I've cheated.

Abz, have you checked out Neris & India's Idiot Proof Diet? It is like Atkins but slightly less strict and does allow small amounts of 70% chocolate after the induction phase...

i am avoiding thornton's diabetic choc as i've had this before when low-carbing. and although i did get some effects, it totally and completely stalled me. so go easy on that stuff!!

i'd rather have one piece of dark chocolate and count the carbs and learn how to enjoy the real stuff than filling myself with polyols... so i'm glad that i managed to :)

abz xx

hands off bess. you're still on induction :p

Sorry just fantasising here!! This is so much more fun than Cambridge! Tee Hee!:)

well i still have half the bar left if you can believe it. i really have had a piece a day max :D i don't feel the need to shove it in me as fast as possible!! progress :D

well i still have half the bar left if you can believe it. i really have had a piece a day max :D i don't feel the need to shove it in me as fast as possible!! progress :D

What self control abz! Much better than me around dark chocolate!! :17729:
I can be very restrained - for about 10 seconds, so I only buy very small bars, or........have a piece, leave the rest on the kitchen table and after a little while there's only ever one piece left. Always the same, one mint left in the car, one biscuit in the tin, one slice of cake left. My family all say it was the fairies, but I know better. I have never, ever seen a fat fairy!

Back